Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger Mini-14

Options
  • 04-01-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Does anyone on hear have a Mini-14 or has seen one in Ireland
    Im just courious if they can be got here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I had one in the States.

Not very accurate, and overpriced. Only reason I had one was that AR-15's were banned as assault rifles in California.

Odds of getting one here would not appear to be good, however, if you go for the bog standard wooden stock with the 5 round mag, there might well be no problem.

As to why you would get one, I am not sure. Without putting a lot of time and money into accurising and ammo selection, accuracy beyond 150 yards tends to be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Seen one in straight pull,which was made especially for the UK market.
    It suffers badly from barrel harmonics in the SP version.However there aftermarket accessories from complex to simple to sort this out.
    Its like anything in this life.What you pays is what yous gets.If you want a semi rifle with subMOA capability expect to pay mega bucks.If you want a good reliable cheap semi rifle that will keep going when others choke,get a Ruger.It's a great pity Ruger never chased up the design in .243 or .308 [XGI seris].They looked like war winners.They have one out in 6.8 SPC and a Target version,dunno what they are like.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Does anyone on hear have a Mini-14 or has seen one in Ireland
    Im just courious if they can be got here

The A-Team used them and they never killed anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭buckasssailor

Ha Ha have noticed that myself a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Brilliant!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Esp since they were using the full auto version..:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement