Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Going On! :: updated 25/01/2010 ::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Well, it's the first week back to college and the weather sucks but hey, it's 2010 and that's a cool sounding year. This is the first of many posts from me as regards current goings-on in IADT, student-y stuff etc and as a first 'issue' it's a little dry.

Student Union Hoodies

The two chosen designs (pictured below) should be on sale in the next week from the SU office.

15332_190897073253_118501073253_288.jpg15332_190897108253_118501073253_288.jpg

Amnesty International

Amnesty International meetings should be starting up again soon, keep your eyes open for posters around the college or notices here.

The Howl into the Hole

The student art event Howl into the Hole opens the doors of The Shed on Henrietta Lane in Dublin on the 28th of January for the first of many monthly exhibitions of artwork from students and public alike. To submit work or simply to find out more visit the website here; http://aroomforimprovement.com/thith

If you've heard tell of events around the college or simply know someone from IADT who's doing something public and interesting, please feel free to drop a post in the thread. All submissions accepted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bigpad

Any LIADT student interested in playing for the college in the HE pool intervarsities in Dundalk should contact the SU Clubs and Societies Officer or college sports officer as soon as possible.

Full details of the event available from:
    www.hespc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Steed

Hi
    I am looking for house either in or near Dún Laoghaire for a student film shoot on the 4th Feb. Typical 3 bed gaff is perfect, we only need to use the sitting room, kitchen and hall. I am in the FETAC college in DL studying Digital Film and TV Production 2nd Year. The shoot is a 12 hour shoot from 8 to 8 so I appreciate it is a big ask.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my email is potooler@hotmail.com

cheers

Peter O'Toole

Yo yo yo, college in the hizzah. Time to put some more stuff in this thread as the college is beginning to come back to life.

EMERGENCY HAITI GIG THIS FRIDAY

It's for charity, it's a really good cause and it's on in the Button Factory featuring the musical talents of Attention Bébé, Mob Fandango and DJ Frankie Grimes.

All additional details can be found here; http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=290512540629&ref=nf

Free Yoga

Free Yoga in the Trevor Scott Hall from 1 to 2pm as part of Student Care Week, wear loose fitting clothes.

Student Union Hoodies

'Lets Get Crunk' Hoodies now on sale from the SU office for €25.
    available in black and light grey

Contestants wanted for The Ms. Planet Beach Spokes Model Competition 2011

It's a model competition and IADT wants you bodacious babes and gorgeous guys to represent them.

Additional information here; http://www.facebook.com/pages/IADT-Entertainment-Society/155331802021?ref=nf

Parking Disruption

Things are a little messy at the moment and the measures taken will be in three phases lasting 5 weeks in total. All relevant information can be found here; http://iadtsu.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=758&Itemid=93

Amnesty International

Information about promotional weeks and meetings are forthcoming *whisper* some cool stuff to be finalised :)

I'll throw some more stuff up here tomorrow at some stage, I wasn't able to do my ramble around the notice boards today.

Another day, another dollar, another week, another hollar. I'm early this week but my timetable is messy so i'll put stuff up when I find it rather than in one big bundle so watch this space.

Jumble Sale

Yeah, that's right, a jumble sale this Thursday the 28th of January in the Chapel. It's a fund raising event of sorts in aid of the art event 'SUGAR COATED' later in the quarter. More information as I find it (mah internets are behavin' erratically).

More news and events as I get 'em. Seeya round campus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

BAKE SALE

Tuesday 23rd of February, outside the canteen.

In aid of Artchitecture, a second year Arts Management project with aims of showcasing architecture as an art form rather than a functional form.

Money raised will go towards the the construction of a purpose designed and built video pod to be displayed in Dublin. Venue yet to be confirmed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

THREAD REVIVAL!!

Cultural Discussions 2010, presented by 3rd Year Business Studies and Arts Management. FREE event taking place on December 2nd in the TSH.

Check out our Facebook event page where you'll find more information and links to the blog with more about the speakers involved.
    Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amyplify

Another thread 'revival'.

Fine Art 1st Year students are having their end of year exhibition in IMMA opening this Friday from 1pm with complimentary refreshments. I don't think I can post links yet, unfortunately, but if you look up 'Symbiosis' on Facebook you should find our event. :)

Any Leaving Cert/potential students lurking here looking for an insight into IADT life I would highly recommend going. 1st year students will be invigilating the exhibition and will be more than happy to answer any questions about student life.

Hopefully see you there!

Advertisement