Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condition of Cratloe

Options
  • 04-01-2010 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has been to the Cratloe hills recently and what are the conditions like out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Rio 2016 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has been to the Cratloe hills recently and what are the conditions like out there.

Went up from Cappanty side on New Years day and came down by the main gate at Cratloe Wood, I thought the road was dangerous on both sides of the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

Very very bad, avoid if possible until the cold snap ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Doesn't look like the second Ice Age will be ending any time soon.

I blame the Greens...:p

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Everyone knows it was the foreigners. Bringing all the cold air back from eastern europe in their suitcases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

The cold snap wasn't long putting manners on the supposed fearsome Swine Flu :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I can't feel my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I tried to go up from Cratloe on Sunday and slid on black ice section before I even got to the gate. I nearly killed a dog and hit a pillar. Going handy saved me. As far as I am concerned it is out of bounds till the thaw. Shame coz the frozen lake looked lovely a few days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Park down by the school, go up the grotto and at the last step head across and up the grass to your right. That trail will bring you into the forest, it's about a 15-20 min walk to the lake from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Rio 2016

Won't be going anywhere near there now anyway. One or two mild days next week should see all the ice and snow thaw, at least I hope so anyway.

Advertisement