Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value for games

Options
  • 04-01-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hi
    anybody know where i can trade in games and get reasonable money on them. i went into gamestop and xtravision to sell a game and the best offer i got was a fiver!!!!
    consdering the game i wanted to give them were selling for 20euro

I have condemned2, madden 09, fable 2, splinter cell double agent and more.

thanks in advance for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

They sell for €20 but games like splinter cell are really old and sport games never sell for much. The other two are reasonably dated so your best bet would be going to game where ive found to always have the best prices.

But personally I always go for trading on adverts. A game for a game or a better price for your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

My opinion theres not point in giving retailers your used games, they offer you **** all for them! just like the 5 quid they offered you and they were selling for 20.

Gamestop are the worst suckers for this as nearly all of their profits come from used games sales, I was offered prices such as 20-50 cent for PS2 games, and they had a big sticker on them with 54.99 euro . at the time! just goes to show they give you absolutely nothing for them. And they will sell them at prices 100 times the price they gave you for them

Your best off trying to sell all your old games in bundles to your mates or on eBay. I personally just keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

Thanks alot for your replies.
    Yeah i guess id better hang on to them...
    its a shame though that they charge aload of money for games but when u want to sell it to them they give u a sh111t price.:mad::mad:
    I really want to get cash for these games but ah well you cant win em all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

www.adverts.ie

Sell them there or swap them with someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mailblaney

flynner13 wrote: »
    www.adverts.ie

Sell them there or swap them with someone!

+1 for adverts here. its the perfect middle ground.
    you sell for more than the retailer will give you and they buy for less than the retailer offers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement