Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange wireless problem

Options
  • 04-01-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I've been having trouble staying connected to the wifi in our apartment block, but the strange (and annoying) thing is, it's only my laptop that keeps disconnecting and it's only this particular network as well, i.e. my laptop connects fine to other networks at houses and college etc. Ive recently wiped my laptop and installed Windows 7 and the problem still exists.
    The landlord isn't going to get anything fixed because its solely my computer that's acting up (A Dell Studio XPS 16)
    What actually happens is it identifies and connects fine at first, I can browse for maybe 5 mins then it just disappears. When I watched a readout of download speeds I noticed it peaks and then drops instantly until it reaches 0 and then needs to be disconnected and reconnected, only to go again 5 mins later...
    HELP PLEASE! I NEED INTERNET!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is there any chance of changing the wireless channel.

Advertisement