Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Network connection being picky...

• 04-01-2010 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I've been having trouble staying connected to the wifi in our apartment block, but the strange (and annoying) thing is, it's only my laptop that keeps disconnecting and it's only this particular network as well, i.e. my laptop connects fine to other networks at houses and college etc. Ive recently wiped my laptop and installed Windows 7 and the problem still exists.
    The landlord isn't going to get anything fixed because its solely my computer that's acting up (A Dell Studio XPS 16)
    What actually happens is it identifies and connects fine at first, I can browse for maybe 5 mins then it just disappears. When I watched a readout of download speeds I noticed it peaks and then drops instantly until it reaches 0 and then needs to be disconnected and reconnected, only to go again 5 mins later...
    HELP PLEASE! I NEED INTERNET!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

if you have an external wireless receiver get an internal one in pc world or the likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

It is internal.. My laptop is a better model than both my flatmates but they all connect fine :S It's a pain..

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

hmm well then get an external and disable the internal, u can get one for 50€ or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

What driver are you using? I've seen a similar issue fixed by swapping the card manufacturer's driver for one from the computer manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

When I installed windows 7 I had to reinstall most of my drivers anyway and I got them off dell.. Same problem as before though.. I don't understand why I can connect to every other wifi network I find except for this one, I might just get myself mobile wimax, it's only 15 eur a month

• Advertisement
Advertisement