Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tryWoW trial accounts?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 10:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

so i sign up for a trial account, down load the client, launch the game, enter account name and password and instead of entering the game I get this.

"There is no wow account attatched to that battle net ID" or something like that.

What the feck do I do to fix it?

Have checked online, can't find a reason it's doing this, followed all the easy steps (all 3 of them) when i check my battlenet account it says "wow 10days left" or whatever, so it shouldnt be happening.

Ever happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

My advice dont bother fixing it , just delete it off your computer before you get hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Sarge wrote: »
    My advice dont bother fixing it , just delete it off your computer before you get hooked.

yes do that

dont get into it its just too addicting..

(a wow player)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Seaneh wrote: »
    so i sign up for a trial account, down load the client, launch the game, enter account name and password and instead of entering the game I get this.

"There is no wow account attatched to that battle net ID" or something like that.

What the feck do I do to fix it?

Have checked online, can't find a reason it's doing this, followed all the easy steps (all 3 of them) when i check my battlenet account it says "wow 10days left" or whatever, so it shouldnt be happening.

Ever happen to anyone else?

My advice is " DONT PLAY" Wait for one of the new MMOs coming out in the few weeks,

WoW is old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Your account name is your email address used to create the battle.net account, which you tied your wow account too.

Also, don't bother waiting on any other MMO, they've all failed miserably when compared to Wow and will continue to do so. Sad but that's the way it is/will be until such a time that Blizzard decide themselves to bring out another MMO to rival Wow, like Starcraft online or something, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

This is nice. Someone posts about wanting to play wow, and everyone jumps on the thread saying not to.

Why are you posting in the wow forum again?

Has wow left you so bitter? No? You're still playing? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63795557']This is nice. Someone posts about wanting to play wow, and everyone jumps on the thread saying not to.

Why are you posting in the wow forum again?

Has wow left you so bitter? No? You're still playing? :rolleyes:

its fairly nice imo saving a soul :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In answer to the OPs question though, you need to create a WoW account, and then go into your battle.net account and tie it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Blazher wrote: »
    My advice is " DONT PLAY" Wait for one of the new MMOs coming out in the few weeks,

WoW is old.

What MMOs are being released soon?

slyph wrote: »
    What MMOs are being released soon?[/quote]
    Star Trek Online

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Your account name is your email address used to create the battle.net account, which you tied your wow account too.

Also, don't bother waiting on any other MMO, they've all failed miserably when compared to Wow and will continue to do so. Sad but that's the way it is/will be until such a time that Blizzard decide themselves to bring out another MMO to rival Wow, like Starcraft online or something, I dunno.

haha!

are you for real? I hope your taking the mick mate.

Let me take a stab in the dark!

Your 12 and WoW is the only MMO you ever played?!

• Advertisement

slyph wrote: »
    What MMOs are being released soon?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Overheal wrote: »

sweeeeeet didn't realise this was so close, looks nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I know all this.

But when i enyter the account "me@myprovider.whatever" and the password i get the "there is no wow account attached to this battlenet ID".

HOW DO FIX?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Are the battlenet IDs created now independant of location in the world, or is it still EU and US accounts? You may have the wrong client downloaded? US version with an EU account, or visa versa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

"select your region" selected europe, clicked continue, created account, downloaded client, if i have the wrong client its blizzards fault and they can SMB.

Also, I emailed them throught he costumer care thingy on their site, got a reply in like 5languages saying my quarey was recieved and would be replied to by a costumer care agent asap, no word since.

I'm waiting for GW2, **** blizzard, *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

haha!

No, I'm 9 years old and wow is the second MMO I've ever played, John of Gods Online was the first. What's your point or have you one at all you can make without resorting to childishness ?

There has not been any other MMO that ever has competed with Wow, other than EQ2 which has less subscribers than PlanetSide these days.
    I like wow a lot, I'm no fanboi but you'd be pretty stupid to even begin to think there's any MMO out there that beats it or any coming soon that will even scrape it's subscriber base for more than the first free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Signed up for this, well, ten days ago and just tried logging in but my trial account has expired:eek:

Good game, not a connoisseur or that, but damned addictive.

Hardly spoke to my family over Xmas, which kind of suited me, but no way I'm going to pay for the priviledge of wasting my time in this manner.
    If it was free, maybe...

No offence intended to any WOWers or any other gamers intended.

And I was only doing what Mr. T told me to do, I got nuts :)

Hate Snickers though and never could use them friggin grenades.

Well, you can do it in one of several ways.

I got the 10 day trial: free

found the battlechest (WoW and TBC) on sale at gamestop for a mere $20: win. Activate WoW serial. 30 Days.

Let that expire, use the TBC 10-day trial before activating serial: 10 days

Activate TBC serial

Activate Wrath of the Lich King trial: 10 days

Pay for game. ****ed if im shelling 30-40 for content I cant get to yet so i dont have wrath right now. But $13-15 a month depending on what pay plan you decide upon (1,3 or 6 months)

So you can get your first 60 days for 20 really. By which point you've already kinda got yourself in a groove and tried maybe a couple toons to see what fits you. It ended up being my 3rd toon that I really enjoyed playing with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

haha!

That's an incredibly tedious comment.

Looking forward to ABP big time, other than that not a whole lot there floating my boat.
    No, I'm 9 years old and wow is the second MMO I've ever played, John of Gods Online was the first. What's your point or have you one at all you can make without resorting to childishness ?

There has not been any other MMO that ever has competed with Wow, other than EQ2 which has less subscribers than PlanetSide these days.
    I like wow a lot, I'm no fanboi but you'd be pretty stupid to even begin to think there's any MMO out there that beats it or any coming soon that will even scrape it's subscriber base for more than the first free month.

In order(order I played them I think) I've played
    EQ
    EvE
    CoH
    EQ2
    WoW
    LOTRO
    Age of Conan
    Warhammer Online

maybe some others I can't think of,
    WoW and Eve were streets ahead imo, anyone who tried to deny the success and lets be honest quality of WoW is only deluding themselves.

Advertisement