Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick for two days-day off?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I work in retail, (sales assistant, full-time) and called into sick today because of a tummy bug. I am still not 100%, and would prefer to call in tomorrow as well just in case of infection etc. I have asked for thursday (7th) off, because I have an interview that day for a college course. I am down to work on wednesday, by which time I should be ok.

The problem is, if I call in sick tomorrow, would I be obliged to work on thursday instead? I don't want to say that I have an interview, and I can't re-arrange the times for it. I cannot miss this interview, simple as. On the other hand, I still feel like crap, and I don't know if it's infectious or what.

I haven't been with the company that long, so I am not sure myself how it is handled. If anyone has any thoughts that would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you have been given a schedule of hours for the week and have been granted thursday as an RDO, then you can't be expected to work that day in lieu of sickness the previous day. Most likely that you just won't get paid for it.

Advertisement