Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Boarding Kennels

Options
  • 04-01-2010 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey everyone, Happy New Year to ya all. Just wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea as to how much it would cost to leave our dog in Kennels for a week. Just a rough idea - thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It depends on what size your dog is: ~€10-15/day for a small/medium dog and €15-20 for a large breed

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

We paid 14e a day to board our Westie in a great kennel in the strawberry beds in Dublin last year...was called Pet Minders iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

i know of two places in Cork one is €9 per night and the other €15 - does not depend on dog size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

I pay é18 per night but that's because my dog goes to a girl that does home boarding rather than kennel boarding - my dog stays in her house with her dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

Thanks alot peeps. Am well impressed with the prices, he is a cocker spaniel so would be in the medium size dog breed i think. Wow thanks again you have been really helpful. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

rubyred wrote: »
    I pay é18 per night but that's because my dog goes to a girl that does home boarding rather than kennel boarding - my dog stays in her house with her dogs.

RR where is that located? I do dog boarding in the dogs house, but ive nowhere to put my dog if I go away for the night!!!

She loves dogs but ive tried two different kennels in Cork and I wasnt impressed with the people running the centres, so need to try something different, only the best for my pup ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

In longford I've tried two kennels, one was 10euro per dog per night, the other one depends on the size of the dog its 6 euro for small dogs and 8 euro for larger dogs.

Dont select a kennel based on the price though, most kennels will let you inspect the premises in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 def90swb

We have used a kennels in Ballymacoda which is near Midleton/Youghal, Co. Cork called A Bed Bath and Biscuit. We have two dogs so it was €20.00 per night for the two of them, I think it is normally €12.00 per night for a single dog. Because our dogs were staying there for over a week they were washed and groomed for us at no extra charge which was great. You can find them on google and view photographs, etc.

Advertisement