Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyogan Civic Recycling Facility are to increase charges by 50% for cars

Options
  • 04-01-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Ballyogan Civic Recycling Facility

Changes to Charges from Tuesday January 12th 2010 From and including Tuesday 12th January 2010 the cost for using the Civic Recycling Facility, excluding green garden waste delivered separately, is as follows.

€30 - Cars (including estate cars, SUVs, MPVs, and Jeep type passenger vehicles)

€60 - Small car vans, small vans, pick ups, small trailer carrying up to 1.5 cu.m of material

€100 - Intermediate vans and intermediate trailers carrying up to 3.0 cu.m of material.

Until and including Monday 11th January 2010 the cost for using the Civic Recycling Facility, excluding green garden waste delivered seperately, is as follows.
    €20 - Cars (including estate cars, SUVs, MPVs, and Jeep type passenger vehicles)
    €50 - Small car vans, small vans, pick ups, small trailer carrying up to 1.5 cu.m of material
    €100 - Intermediate vans and intermediate trailers carrying up to 3.0 cu.m of material

Charges for Green Waste
    From and including Tuesday 12th January 2010 the cost for using the Civic Recycling Facility, for green garden waste delivered separately, is as follows.

€6 - Cars (including estate cars, SUVs, MPVs, and Jeep type passenger vehicles)

€25 - Small car vans, small vans, pick ups, small trailer carrying up to 1.5 cu.m of material

€50 - Intermediate vans and intermediate trailers carrying up to 3.0 cu.m of material
    Until and including Monday 11th January 2010 the cost for using the Civic Recycling Facility, for green garden waste delivered separately, is as follows.

€5 - Cars (including estate cars, SUVs, MPVs, and Jeep type passenger vehicles)

€25 - Small car vans, small vans, pick ups, small trailer carrying up to 1.5 cu.m of material

€50 - Intermediate vans and intermediate trailers carrying up to 3.0 cu.m of material
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

way to encourage recycling :mad:

Why even charge for green waste, do they not make money off composting and selling it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This will definitely encourage fly tipping and unauthorized waste disposal contractors that drive low roofed white Ford Transit vans. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Why even charge for green waste, do they not make money off composting and selling it?

The cost of composting is far higher than anything they re-coop from selling the stuff. Charging for green garden waste is definitley justified and should serve to encourage people to compost their waste themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Alias G wrote: »
    The cost of composting is far higher than anything they re-coop from selling the stuff. Charging for green garden waste is definitley justified and should serve to encourage people to compost their waste themselves.

Not that easy for those that live in apartment complexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Not that easy for those that live in apartment complexes.

I haven't seen too many apartments with private gardens. How on earth would you generate a car-load of green waste?
    Given the outlandish cost of some maintenance fees, disposal of all waste should be catered for in an appropriate manner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

I guess it will encourage recycling by making it more expensive to dump rubbish in sacks. I think the recycle area is still free.

Are you annoyed that it's more stick than carrot?

crocro wrote: »
    I guess it will encourage recycling by making it more expensive to dump rubbish in sacks. I think the recycle area is still free.

Are you annoyed that it's more stick than carrot?

read the first post. Its the cost of the recycling facility thats going up not normal waste

read the first post. Its the cost of the recycling facility thats going up not normal waste
    Ballyogan Civic Recycling Facility is just a euphemism for the dump. You have to pay to dump stuff, the recycling part is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think they should have other dumps for things like focuses and seicentos.
    Civics are given way too much priority.

crocro wrote: »
    Ballyogan Civic Recycling Facility is just a euphemism for the dump. You have to pay to dump stuff, the recycling part is free.

The whole ppoint of it though is that if it costs too much to drive up and dispose of stuff in the correct recycling bins, batteries, green waste, furniture etc etc it'll all just go in the normal black bin.

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote: »
    I think they should have other dumps for things like focuses and seicentos.
    Civics are given way too much priority.
    haha
    The whole ppoint of it though is that if it costs too much to drive up and dispose of stuff in the correct recycling bins, batteries, green waste, furniture etc etc it'll all just go in the normal black bin.
    I give up

Advertisement