Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to go home

Options
  • 04-01-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

hi folks i need to know if any of ye have driven on the clifden route yesterday or today cos we havent being able to go home down to connemara all xmas cos of bad icey roads. my mum and dads mass is tomorrow . i really cant miss their mass. we turn right at recess but we have being told that road is very bad. can someone help. hope it dont freeze anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

See responses in this similar thread. Go as late as you can I guess to let the road warm up. I hear it'll be cold tomorrow though...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

If you plan on going, Drive slow and try and get a large 4WD car or jeep.
    it really is that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

And drive in a higher gear than normal. e.g. when moving off, start in 2nd and when you'd normally drive in 3rd, drive in fourth. Always a gear or 2 higher than what you'd normally drive. It'll stop the wheels from skidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I drove as far as Maam Cross early yesterday morning via Moycullen & Oughterard, the roads weren't too bad as long as you drove around 60 kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

my heart is sad cos we left at 12 30 going great untill Recess. we turned right to get to kylemore pass hotel. we spun a perfect spin. my kids screamed and they are boys. tuff little nuts , we had to turn back home. has anyone ever seen ICEROAD TRUCKERS? well thats the way that road is . for the first time ever im going to miss my parents mass. we were told in the local shop that clifden to wesport is like the same. all the lakes that we past are all frozen never saw that before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement