Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much should this list of items cost me? My poor Yaris

• 04-01-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

My 99 Yaris had been flying along for years but on its decade it's started to suffer a bit from all the abuse.

I've very little knowledge of cars and the associated bits and bobs, i just get from A to B, or often to K.

2 x new front tyres
    1 x rear right side window
    1 x new battery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The tyres should be around €45 each, the battery around €70 in Halfords
    Scrapyard might be your best bet for the glass, or maybe your insurance will cover it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The tyres should be around €45 each, the battery around €70 in Halfords
    Scrapyard might be your best bet for the glass, or maybe your insurance will cover it for free.

You will get tyres for €45 but if it was me as they are the only thing keeping you between the car and the road I would spend the extra €25 or so for a decent brand name. I know the €45 set will pass the NCT and will be fully road legal but if your doing 120 on the motorway and jam on it's nice to think the extra €25 is coming to use ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you have windscreen cover on your insurance it may well cover side glass also, other than that I would try a few breakers yards for the window.

Halfords are usually quite expensive for car batteries, either a local motor factors or a tyre centre might work out cheaper. You might get a few quid knocked off the battery if buying tyres there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GavinZac

For anyone Googling this, so far the answer is €67 for a HB063 battery from Halfords in Cork.
    This one: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_264227_langId_-1_categoryId_165762

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bazz, I don't think you'll get a battery of comparable quality to the Halfords one for less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 de Ville

thought the engine had fallen out of it!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

de Ville wrote: »
    thought the engine had fallen out of it!
    what? :confused:
    Of all the possible threads to make your first post, you posted that?

Advertisement