Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Ultegra 6600 Group & Mavic Ksyrium Elite 09 Black

• 04-01-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Selling a full Ultegra 6600 groupset and Ksyrium Elite wheelset from my race bike. I never train on this bike and its only been used for 1 season so the parts are immaculate.

Shimano Ultegra 6600 Groupset - €350:
    Short cage rear mech
    Front mech - braze on
    Chainset - 53 / 39, 175mm crank length
    Bottom bracket cups - British Thread
    Chain
    Cassette - 11-25
    Brake Calipers
    STI Brake / Gear Levers, 2 x 10 speed

Ksyrium Elite Wheelset - €350:
    Black
    Clincher
    Shimano freehub body
    Titanium mavic skewers included

Cheers,

Skeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Interested in wheelset.
    Questions.
    Weight
    Mileage
    Have they crashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Hi ROK ON,

Here are the answers to your questions:

Weight: 1550 grams per pair
    • Front wheel: 675 grams
    • Rear wheel: 875 grams

Used for 2500km's

Never crashed, the wheels are spotless, never had to true them or replace any spokes, they are running like the day that I got them. You are more than welcome to come out and take a look at them.

I should not really be upgrading this bike, I just can not resist modding my race bikes at the end of each season ;-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I have the same wheelset and highly recommend them. FWIW, they have a claimed weight of 1550g and mine weighed in at 1585g, a really good weight. Well able for the durability side of things with a performance well capable of racing! Best of luck with the sale and hope this helps ROK ON! ;)

300 and I will take them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Bought stuff from Mr. Skeff before and always immaculate, if i didn't see him whipping ass in the Swords club league I'd say the gear was never used !

How much for the grouppo (sans wheelset ) ?

• Advertisement

Thanks Rob, will do the groupset for €325 and will also include a full set of Dura-ace cables!

ROK ON, If you could you meet me in the middle at €325 & I will fit the wheels for you too..

Thanks Mr Skeff. I an afraid that I wouldn't be able to go betterthan 300. I calculated it on the basis of 65% of price if a new set on wiggle.
    If you can do that price I will collect. If not I understand.
    Thanks.

Hey ROK ON,

I had a look on Wiggle and the only Ksyrium Elites for sale there were the older model, these are much heavier and are not the same wheels. The ones im selling have a newer lighter rim design and Ti skewers. These older ones on Wiggle are €500, and 65% of this price gives €325.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Mavic_Ksyrium_Elite_Black_Clincher_Road_Wheelset/5360042826/

I think given the condition of these wheels €325 is a fair price, let me know if you change your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Hi Mr. Skeffington,

If you are prepared to split up the groupset, I'd be interested in the STI levers. How much would you be asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

Hi there,

I'll take the groupset off your hands for 350, are you based in dublin?

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Hi there,

I'll take the groupset off your hands for 350, are you based in dublin?

Peter

Ah well,

If it doesn't work out, I'd still be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭trinewbie

Next in line please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

trinewbie wrote: »
    Next in line please.
    The groupset? I'll take up position after so. Would sell on the STI levers.

Mr.Skeff.
    Thanks for quick response sorry I can't afford to go beyond the offer. Best of luck. If anything changes then please let me know.

Peter: Offer accepted on the groupset, im in Dublin, will send you a PM and we can make arrangements

ROK ON: If you still want to take the wheels I will do them for you for the €300 ;)

Sorry tenspeed, would rather not split the groupset, dont want the hassle of selling all the individual bits. If the deal falls through I will give you a shout if you want to take the lot

Thanks. That's pretty decent. Pm me with your. Contact details in the evening and I will arrange collection.
    J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭trinewbie

blorg wrote: »
    The groupset? I'll take up position after so. Would sell on the STI levers.

Yes the groupset - sorry should have been more clear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

groupset gone?

Yep its sold!

Advertisement