Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please for low retaining bank wall

Options
  • 04-01-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for some advice / recommendations.

I have a sloped bank at the back of the garden. We have a large retaining wall there as the estate we live in was built on a hill. The bank, I suppose is covering the foundations of this large wall.

I chopped this bank back a bit and put sleepers 3 high on their edge here hoping to hold it back but I can see it settling and pushing them.

I would like to build a low wall three foot at its highest point to hold the bank and put chippings on the bank and plant some shrubs but wanted maybe a nice brick. Could someone advise me what the best route to take would be?

Thanks.
    Oh the bank is about 40 foot long by maybe four foot wide and my kerosene tank is on a slab in the middle of the bank. (makes it interesting :) )

Comments

Advertisement