Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External DVD drive

Options
  • 04-01-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a reasonably priced external DVD drive to use with my Samsung NC10 netbook.

I know Aldi had one a while back for around €40 I think, but they are probably all long gone by now.

Would like to get one as slim as possible as it will travel with me.

Has anyone seen any around that might fit the bill? Either online or B&M but need it in a week to 10 days so not from China.

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Do-more wrote: »
    I'm looking for a reasonably priced external DVD drive to use with my Samsung NC10 netbook.

I know Aldi had one a while back for around €40 I think, but they are probably all long gone by now.

Would like to get one as slim as possible as it will travel with me.

Has anyone seen any around that might fit the bill? Either online or B&M but need it in a week to 10 days so not from China.

I'm flogging one on ebay at the moment. Totally unused. Currently at £27.22 in auction. Let me know if you are interested...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110475589026&_trksid=p2762.l1259

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

3DataModem wrote: »
    I'm flogging one on ebay at the moment. Totally unused. Currently at £27.22 in auction. Let me know if you are interested...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110475589026&_trksid=p2762.l1259

Cheers, I'm watching it....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Still a few of the usb ones in some Aldi stores.
    I got one, pretty handy, as usb powered, and burns dvds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

mrmac wrote: »
    Still a few of the usb ones in some Aldi stores.
    I got one, pretty handy, as usb powered, and burns dvds too.

Thanks, I checked my local store yesterday and they still have some, but they are €60 and not €40 as I thought!

Didn't really want to spend that much as it is only for occasional use but I might end up getting it, as I can't find a much cheaper option...

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement