Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"promoters"

Options
  • 04-01-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Anybody know why there is such a sudden surge in "promoters". People who charge mainly kids essentially €200 to go play in a gig for half an hour. Its a bit ridicolous.
    My cousin was telling me how his band was playing in twisted pepper in dublin. And i was like cool until he asked me buy a ticket for €15 to cover their costs. This whole disguising tickets is a disgrace. I mean its just the promoters passing the promoting onto the young bands.
    Like i know loads of people say young bands have to pay to play. But thats a load of BS in my opionion.
    Seriously, its ridicolous.
    Anyone know of any promoters out there for young bands. I know theres dublin underground and the like but they dont really cater to under 18s.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

markwho wrote: »
    Anybody know why there is such a sudden surge in "promoters". People who charge mainly kids essentially €200 to go play in a gig for half an hour. Its a bit ridicolous.
    My cousin was telling me how his band was playing in twisted pepper in dublin. And i was like cool until he asked me buy a ticket for €15 to cover their costs. This whole disguising tickets is a disgrace. I mean its just the promoters passing the promoting onto the young bands.
    Like i know loads of people say young bands have to pay to play. But thats a load of BS in my opionion.
    Seriously, its ridicolous.
    Anyone know of any promoters out there for young bands. I know theres dublin underground and the like but they dont really cater to under 18s.

nppromotions there on bebo pretty good lads.
    blast are pretty good
    ********* are the ones doing the tickets for twisted pepper their worse than *************

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭markwho

********? Isnt he your man from ************? Remember being trying to get roped into that a few years back.
    I think ******** was the one they were asked to do.
    I told them to never pay to play. 99 times out of a 100 its a pure scam.
    Just think the general rule should be pay for free if youre a young original band. Never pay to play. It should be on the back of the promoter if he doesnt bring people. Aka doesnt do his job at promoting.
    Unless its a battle of bands and theres registration fee or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

thegrove54 wrote: »
    nppromotions there on bebo pretty good lads.
    blast are pretty good
    ******* are the ones doing the tickets for twisted pepper their worse than ***********

thegrove54, i owe you an opology, I thought you were behind ******, I was getting ******* and nppromotions mixed up!!!!!:eek: The fact that bands are willing to pay 150 - 200 for a 30min set is amazing. you would be able to get a lot of those bands to play for you, if they dont have to pay to play.

************* is the biggest joke of all time. 100 bands must pre buy 30 tickets at 10 euro each, if it all goes well, 30,000 gross for the promoter.

*****, just as bad. however, the guy behind probably didnt make much (if any) out of it.

as for ******, id like to say give it a few months, but the fact is, 13-17 year olds are willing to pay to play. sad but true

www.bebo.com/no2ham some links to non pay to play promoters on that page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

thegrove54, i owe you an opology, I thought you were behind *********, I was getting ******* and nppromotions mixed up!!!!!:eek:

ha **** no i hate those lads engineered a gig for them was told i was getting 80 for the days work from 1130-6 that day and i only got fifty because they didnt bring the money to pay the venue and then they only made like 37 euro on the door and then they had to borrow off their mates. Biggest load of cock suck ever.

Lads, lads, lads. Next bit of libellous talk in this thread gets the poster a lifetime ban. DON'T MENTION NAMES HERE!

Edit/ on second thoughts, nothing good is going to come of this thread.

I will refer you here instead

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement