Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Dye

• 04-01-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Im just wondering if anyone has seen this colour in the shops...

Its dark brown -black, looks like it has purple high lights or something through it.
    its a deep purple.

I really like it but dont wanna go to the hair dressers as Im smashed!!! :0

Also-- can you dye your hair pink with out bleaching it first?

I have dark brown hair, dyed, but naturally dark brown too.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Misticles wrote: »
    Im just wondering if anyone has seen this colour in the shops...

Its dark brown -black, looks like it has purple high lights or something through it.
    its a deep purple.

I really like it but dont wanna go to the hair dressers as Im smashed!!! :0

Also-- can you dye your hair pink with out bleaching it first?

I have dark brown hair, dyed, but naturally dark brown too.

Firstly, is the below the purple you'd be looking for?

HCo10_3.jpg

Secondly, if you want bright pink hair, then yes you will have to bleach it otherwise you'll end up with just a pink tint to your hair which won't last too long.

I recommend Jerome Russell B Blonde hair bleach from Boots, and Special Effects hair dye from Beeunique or Jeans Colour pink which you can get from Terrisales on Abbey St. in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Schwarzkopf Live range do a colour like that, but wouldn't know for sure without seeing what you mean.

You could tint your hair pink, but won't get a vivid colour without bleaching I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I used this one before, very vivid purple shine off it which vanished in about a week ha

Id be too afraid to bleach my hair myself also my poor hair is probably still in recovery from being blonde... hence bleachless colours :)

Thats Loreal one looks okish, cant really see the colour too clearly :)

has anyone used this??
    http://www.healthchemist.co.nz/loreal-feria/loreal-feria-pure-purple-powder-p-48-p908253.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

In my experience, the Live colours are indeed very useless. The L'Oreal Feria ones are grand, but fade to the copper red quite quickly. I've used the Recital ones and they're fine for a few weeks. You can then top up the colour by adding in some wash-in stuff (same Special Effects stuff again) into your conditioner and use that everytime you wash your hair.

Purple isn't a very easy colour to keep - pink is easier once it's done right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ye wouldnt be in favour for the live colours... except for the normal browns etc as they turn out nice.
    hhmm dunno if id be brave to the the pink myself now...
    I had parts of my hair done with the crazy colours pink but they washed out after about 3 weeks.

Advertisement