Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 1340 or 265?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Right, after a few weeks of checking around, I'm pretty much torn between these two. They're evenly priced and looking at the Garmin compare they look almost identical in terms of spec and seems to come down to whether I want Lane Assist or Bluetooth. Lane Assist presumably only works in the UK, but I'm not 100% sure my bluetooth phone will work properly (it's cheap) but I've never felt the need to do hands free telephony work in a car up to now.

So is it just a case of heads 1340, tails 265?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Not even anecdotal evidence of one being better than the other? Shame. Anyway, just in case anyone's interested, I went for the 1340 primarily cos the 265W went up in price after I posted this. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

corblimey wrote: »
    Not even anecdotal evidence of one being better than the other? Shame. Anyway, just in case anyone's interested, I went for the 1340 primarily cos the 265W went up in price after I posted this. I'll let you know how I get on.

Whats your first impressions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

corblimey wrote: »
    Right, after a few weeks of checking around, I'm pretty much torn between these two. They're evenly priced and looking at the Garmin compare they look almost identical in terms of spec and seems to come down to whether I want Lane Assist or Bluetooth. Lane Assist presumably only works in the UK, but I'm not 100% sure my bluetooth phone will work properly (it's cheap) but I've never felt the need to do hands free telephony work in a car up to now.

So is it just a case of heads 1340, tails 265?

The 265W has Blue Tooth, and therefore can act as a in car speaker phone, extremely useful.
    The other yoke doesn't have blue tooth, but has Lane Guidance, which can be useful on complex motorways, it works everywhere.

For phone / garmin bluetooth compatibility check their website.
    Once you have a car kit, you will use it.
    I have 500 minutes a month, so I make use of it by yapping when sitting in traffic

Advertisement