Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband...Biggest switching mistake

• 05-01-2010 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Constantly having vodafone slow speeds, on the 7mb package, was promised my line could take 6.1mbs and i'm getting no where near that (even if i was getting 4mbs and over i'd be happy) , regretting my decision in switching from eircom, was on 3mb with them and always got 2.5mb and over, even though the price was higher, they delivered the speeds as promised!!! just checked my speed : 0.4mb download speed, DISGRACE!!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/671963165.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Phastasm wrote: »
    Constantly having vodafone slow speeds, on the 7mb package, was promised my line could take 6.1mbs and i'm getting no where near that (even if i was getting 4mbs and over i'd be happy) , regretting my decision in switching from eircom, was on 3mb with them and always got 2.5mb and over, even though the price was higher, they delivered the speeds as promised!!! just checked my speed : 0.4mb download speed, DISGRACE!!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/671963165.png

I find location is key when using any usb wireless package such as O2 vodafone etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Phastasm

im on vodafone fixed home broadband....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

I was with BT for 2 years, now vodafone have taken over. Cant say I've noticed any difference in download speed in my 1mbps connection.

Whats your line attenuation? Mines 20/13 db, the lower the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Phastasm

38/22 db

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Whats the snr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What speed does you modem say?

If your connection is marginal a firmware upgrade or simply a new modem/router can make all the difference.

Advertisement