Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Physics or Ag.Science

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Ok I need to take up an extra subject outside school to get into Mech.Eng in NUIG. I live in Limerick and really like the course in both places but if I was to choose UL I would be living at home and I would really like the full college experience.

My problem is i dont do a science subject which you need for NUIG mech.eng. I am a 5th year student so I have plenty of time to get cracking. Alls i need is an OD3 to get in and that cant be hard. I'll be teaching myself however and only plan to do OL. So my question is should i do ag science or physics, i hear ag science is easier but I did some physics in 3rd year with JC Science

Th:Dnks

Comments

Whichever interests you more I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I hated science and I'm not a farmer. siiiigh :pac:

Physics I guess because I do HL Maths

Anyone that does both subjects have any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

You'd probably be better picking up another language:rolleyes:

Surely Mechanical Engineering would require at least some science interest, it being a science based course?

I do HL Physics. I like the course, but if you've no interest in it I imagine it would be hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

its very maths based as well though and i do engineering and tech graph in school and they are also a part of it. i just stayed away from science because i thought id get higher points in the subjects i had picked, at the time i didnt think it would have an effect on my future :rolleyes: physics was my favourite science subject by far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Do physics. You're planning on doing mechanical engineering which is very physics heavy. I would imagine ag. science would be easier but physics would be more helpful.

Fringe wrote: »
    Do physics. You're planning on doing mechanical engineering which is very physics heavy. I would imagine ag. science would be easier but physics would be more helpful.

^ agreed. Physics is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Physics will be part of the mechanical engineering course. If you don't want to do physics, you don't want to do mech. eng.

Advertisement