Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog chipping in Northen Ireland

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

We got our dog chipped up north and they assured us it would be registered both north and south. Does anyone know if this is the case and if so where it is registered.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

SarahSassy wrote: »
    We got our dog chipped up north and they assured us it would be registered both north and south. Does anyone know if this is the case and if so where it is registered.

Thanks

What company is it registered with? They should have given you this information. Mine are with Fido.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Actually it was Fido. I wasnt there on the day but was told that.. Just had a panic there cos we thought we had lost him....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Glad you didn't lose him but use this as an opportunity to ring Fido and make sure your details are registered to the dog. You'd be surprised the amount of chips that lead nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You need to ensure that your details are registered with Fido and all the paperwork is sent off with your details on it.

When i got my pup, the chip was registered in the breeders name and i had to send off the new form with my details. So many people never re-register their details and then cannot be traced if the dog is lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

andreac wrote: »
    You need to ensure that your details are registered with Fido and all the paperwork is sent off with your details on it.

When i got my pup, the chip was registered in the breeders name and i had to send off the new form with my details. So many people never re-register their details and then cannot be traced if the dog is lost.

Yeah it's amazing how many people buy a chipped puppy and never change the details.

You can do it all online at www.fido.ie if that's any handier for you OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

You should have been given a card with all the info on it. It has the chip number and how to register your details both online and by mail.
    If you didn't get this did the vet ask for all your details? Did they tell you that they had registered the pup in your name or the breeders?
    If you don't have this or aren't sure ask your vet to scan the dog and give you the chip number, then contact Fido.ie and they will help you out. If I remember right you need and code to change details online, its on the card you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

There is no card in the pack and I wasnt there on the day. Will get to the bottom of it tom. Have the chip number cos we used a more local vet the next time so will get in touch with Fido or the vet to check it out.

Thanks

Advertisement