Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Vista

• 05-01-2010 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

I remember that when I hovered my mouse cursor over an item in the taskbar, a tiny little window displaying the contents of this item would appear. It no longer does. I don't recall switching it off, how do I switch it back on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Oh, and that Window Switcher thing is not working, either. When it cascades all the windows graphically. I don't really care about that, but it might be related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Oh, and that Window Switcher thing is not working, either. When it cascades all the windows graphically. I don't really care about that, but it might be related.

I don't really work with vista but there should be a setting in control panel, user display or something. that will let you change it.

deep1 wrote: »
    I don't really work with vista but there should be a setting in control panel, user display or something. that will let you change it.

Yeah, I tried clicking around that region. Nothing seems to relate to it. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

If you go control panel > appearance and personalization > taskbar and start menu, there should be a button down the end called "show window previews(thumbnails)". is that clicked?

Simply Red wrote: »
    If you go control panel > appearance and personalization > taskbar and start menu, there should be a button down the end called "show window previews(thumbnails)". is that clicked?

It's not clicked, but it's gone grey! It definitely worked before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

do you have different profiles on the pc? you might need to log in as an administrator to change that. strange though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Trying to instal iTunes on a Acer laptop with Vista and it simply will not let me... anyone know what the issue could be?

keithgeo wrote: »
    do you have different profiles on the pc? you might need to log in as an administrator to change that. strange though.

Nope, I'm the only user and therefore I'm the admin.

Noffles wrote: »
    Trying to instal iTunes on a Acer laptop with Vista and it simply will not let me... anyone know what the issue could be?

Explain exactly what happens.

Explain exactly what happens.

It will not run the .exe to start the instal, it did not have iTunes on it originally and then when trying to add it, it stops it somehow... It actually does very little, just does not instal.

• Advertisement

Noffles wrote: »
    It will not run the .exe to start the instal, it did not have iTunes on it originally and then when trying to add it, it stops it somehow... It actually does very little, just does not instal.

Right-click and then choose 'run as administrator'.

It's not clicked, but it's gone grey! It definitely worked before.

Right click on the desktop, and click personalise. then click on window colour and appearance, and down the bottom of the next screen should be "Open classic appearance properties for more color options". Now in the colour scheme dropdown menu, is windows vista basic selected?

Simply Red wrote: »
    Right click on the desktop, and click personalise. then click on window colour and appearance, and down the bottom of the next screen should be "Open classic appearance properties for more color options". Now in the colour scheme dropdown menu, is windows vista basic selected?

When I click 'window colour and appearance' I get a window titled: 'Appearance Settings', with various colour schemes available to me. I am currently on Windows Vista Basic. The options are 'effects...' and 'advanced...', neither seem to point to where you are suggesting.

EDIT: Ok, the option for Windows Aero needed to be picked. Thanks!

Yep exactly, thats why i was checking was vista basic active, has to be on aero to work. glad its sorted!

Right-click and then choose 'run as administrator'.

Yep, logged in as admin and still unable to run it?

Advertisement