Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

mate i would get cracking on the skills visa ASAP, if u have qualifications get about getting them assessed, then apply for the visa. if u don't have sufficent points you can also get the state (eg NSW) to sponsor you.

while this is gonna take u 6-9 months, it is your best and most realistic option of staying in Oz long term.

Try 18+ months...

OP you could always shred your passport on the plane over and only say "No English, asylum asylum asylum!" when you get there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Daithio wrote: »
    No brainer surely?

I know someone who did just this and for reasons I will keep to myself it was a disaster. Its by far a no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Stuck2010

mate i would get cracking on the skills visa ASAP, if u have qualifications get about getting them assessed, then apply for the visa. if u don't have sufficent points you can also get the state (eg NSW) to sponsor you.

while this is gonna take u 6-9 months, it is your best and most realistic option of staying in Oz long term.

getting your gf knocked up, applying for de facto visas, pleading asylum for religious persecution etc etc will be scutinised intensely by DIAC as they have the some of the most rigourous immigration control and if they think u are trying to pull the wool over there eyes you will be blacklisted and may not be able to apply for other visa options in the future.

best of luck

feedback i'm getting is that this will not get me into australia before 2012, which just isn't an option. also, it costs thousands of euro i don't have.

i don't want to pull the wool over anyone's eyes, i know i could chance my arm with the 2nd WHV but if i get a 3 year ban it'll pretty much guarantee the end of the relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Zambia232 wrote: »
    I know someone who did just this and for reasons I will keep to myself it was a disaster. Its by far a no brainer.

Obviously it's not going to work out every time, but if it's the only way the OP can make it work then I think he has to go with it. It's a risk worth taking IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Stuck2010 wrote: »
    thanks for that universe.

bizarrely, it doesn't matter if we've never even met, if we are engaged i could get the 9 month fiancee visa and live/work there for 9 months so long as we got married before the end of that 9 months.

It true

Thats how the Indians do it .... 1 of them gets in on a skilled visa then the perspective marriage visa is used for the arranged marriage... once the wife is in they sponsor family members on both sides... then the whole village has basically moved to Canberra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Daithio wrote: »
    Obviously it's not going to work out every time, but if it's the only way the OP can make it work then I think he has to go with it. It's a risk worth taking IMO.

That's a risk I'd take if I had to.

Advertisement