Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Book For Business

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

What's the best textbook for business?
    I'm studying it myself at home.

Also what's the best revision book for it?

What's this about every year there are different ABQs based on different units in the subject? I don't really understand ABQs.

Also, do you need to be reading the business pages in the newspaper every day?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Up Mayo

Completely forgot! lol.

So, I'll definitely go with the Business World will I?
    Cos I was on the Easons website and it had 21st Century Business as the bestselling book, but maybe that's because it's cheaper?

I just don't know!

Thanks!

I would choose the 21st Century. Most would be using that one. At the end of the day all it takes is reading and understanding and remembering what you've looked at.

Get this book and you will understand an ABQ. There are a few of them at the end of each chapter along with other short and long questions. The book will also tell you which units of the book will apply on the ABQ for the year you do the exam. The units will be different in 2010 than they were in 2009.

You don't need to read the paper.

I would choose the 21st Century. Most would be using that one. At the end of the day all it takes is reading and understanding and remembering what you've looked at.

Get this book and you will understand an ABQ. There are a few of them at the end of each chapter along with other short and long questions. The book will also tell you which units of the book will apply on the ABQ for the year you do the exam. The units will be different in 2010 than they were in 2009.

You don't need to read the paper.

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

The Business World is very good. Easiest subject to study because the book is so well layed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

The Rapid Revision one for business is the best revision book I think, the others shorten it way too much

Thanks everybody!

Just a last question:

If I choose Business World over 21st Century Business, might I miss out on any vital information that may only be in 21st Century business ( seeing as that's the bestselling book ( according to Easons )?

Okay, basically, which is better: Business World or 21st Century Business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Its the same crap wrote differently accompanied by different pictures really!

Choose 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

I'd go with The Business World. My teacher is always going on about how its the best book on the market and how others cant really compete with it. She always points out that it has nearly everything covered in it with nice examples. It seems as a book where a person could teach themself without too much diffuclty. I have never used another book,taking my teacher's word. Its a good book though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My teacher always praises the case studys in business world, these are just examples of the topic being discussed. For example the case study in the business expansion chapter is about the growth of ryanair.

Thanks everybody again!

Just wondering: there's two Rapid Revision books, Rapid Revision Business and Rapid Revision Business Revisited. What's the difference?

Revisited being revised i.e. Updated

Advertisement