Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Graduate

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what people with qualifications in physics do afterward?

Comments

I did Applied Physics and Instrumentation in CIT from 1999 to 2003, it's quite a practical course with lots of labs in electronics, instrumentation, physics, programmming, chemistry in first year, bit of autocad. As well as being practical you do the Einstein theories stuff and astrophysics too etc. It's a Bachelor of Science that you get. I've had a fairly varied work experience since I left

- 2.5 years, process tech in a biopharma plant
    - 1 year, technical sales engineer in water treatment
    - 15 months contract validation engineer
    - 12 months contract project/manufacturing engineer
    - 12 months quality engineer

Once you get the first job out of the way it depends on how much in demand engineers are, if they are in demand you have loads of choice and your work experience is more valuable than your degree. I don't know what people who do Physics in universties do when they leave college, I've never met one at work.

Most of the people that did the course with me went into engineering, some went into R&D, one went to MIT in the states. To be honest since I left I haven't done any further study or even reading in the physics world :o

Advertisement