Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wondering what to buy? Best 360 games & why awards

• 05-01-2010 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Right so I've never been a computer geek or certainly not consoles but seriously ive become addicted to the xbox.......soooo I thought I'd let you know my favourite games and invite you guys to show yours.

Please note I did a lot of research before buying these games as I find the majority of games these days have about a days lastability and no more :)

Bio-Shock
    why - Well the story of course, seriously its as good a story as you'll see in the movies. The game itself isnt normally my cup of tea personally as I find this type of game is too dark to enjoy and instead I just wanna get the charachter to safety but seriously the story is so good you'll remember this one.

Left for Dead 2 -Online
    why - Well I have to say that for the first few days this was one of my favourite online games of all time. Interacting with people online and knowing you had to help them and for them to help you led to some real "lets just try to get through this" followed by "ruuuuuuuun" at the end. Excellent game which I have no doubt will be improved upon in Left for dead 3 & 4 if ever made.

Call of Duty World at War Multiplayer
    why - I've always had a thing for COD games except Modern Warfare which I know will prob amaze you but I just can't get into like the old simple WWII version. The reason I love it is not for the single player but rather the online Multiplayer.....sniping + big maps = fun :)

FIFA 10
    why - Cause I love football and it's as close you can get at the moment. Wish there were better online options,in game management was better and a bit more depth....all in good time.

GTA4
    why - eh ....because! Just imagine what the next installment will be like for the GTA series. Was tempted to get the Ballad and LOD add ons but I'm bored playing this by now meself but anyone that has an xbox and never played this game....just buy it................... and shut up !!

Currently playing Fallout 3 - got it today so will let you know how that goes...looks impressive!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

My best 360 games.

Street Fighter IV

Forza 3

Tales of Vespaisia

Lost Odyssey

COD-WAW (Take that MW-2):mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ahead, by miles - Oblivion. I spent months playing that game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Fallout 3, by the same devs as oblivion. Very easy to sink 100 hours into this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Mass Effect

Dragon Age

AC2 (couldn't believe how good this was - #1 was muck(IMHO))

Oblivion

Fallout 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Street Fighter IV- The best fighting game around, infinitely replayable, you need to learn how to play it properly to be good, not just a button-bashing fest. Online mode forces you to become good.

Batman: Arkham Asylum- Stunning-looking game. Completely engrossing story. Totally immersive environment. Combat is spectacular fun.

Assassin's Creed 2
    - Open environment allows you to do what you like... within reason. Savagely violent. Mixes action and puzzle elements very well. Free-running never gets old. Really lived up to the potential of the first slightly disappointing game.

Modern Warfare 2 sucks ass. Completely ridiculous story that ends with a 'press y to win' event. Piss-poor level design. Repetitive gameplay. Online is built for 12 year old idiots. Completely let down the potential of Modern Warfare, which was a savagely good game. But then, I'm a PC nut (with an xBox for certain games), so certain bias may be applied here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

in case most of ye didnt notice, the op asked you to explain WHY you think the games you mention are good. not just a list of games, there are too many threads with just lists of games.

Halo 3 - This is one of my all time favorites, mainly because of the multiplayer. And the fact that it allows 4 player slit screen, this game has been in my xbox for months at a time.

Battlefield Bad Company - Fantastic Campaign, and then theres the multiplayer. Sniping in this games is a dream! And the laser guided missile is so much fun!!

Trials HD - a very simple side scrolling motorbike game that is more addictive than smoking. Looks fantastic and also seems easy, but is so tricky it makes getting that elusive perfect run so much more satisfying.

Left 4 Dead 2 - Completely agree with the OP here, Its so intense on the higher levels! Great fun, haven't tried scavenge mode yet but it looks fun.

Fusion Frenzy 2 - Best party game ever made, tons of mini games! Great for sessions where beer is involved, loser drinks and passes controller!!!!

The Orange Box - Great value, Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode One, Half Life 2:Episode 2, and of course Portal. Nothing else needs to be said really, except EPIC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm not sure what the GTAIV addon costs but i paid 24.99 for TLAD on its own when it came out and i think it was worth it. The storyline is very complete with plenty of crossover with the main game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Mass Effect - Completely immersive story and great gameplay. Some people complain of bugs but I experienced few. Great characters and setting as well as dialog. Something that's very rare. I'm eagerly looking forward to the sequel. The different races and cultures as well as the physics made it such an enjoyable experience, especially for someone who might get tired of the same old, same old.

Modern Warfare - A brilliant single player campaign and amazing online. Forget that it's a FPS. It's simply a great game. Again, completely immersive and great gameplay. The characters that feature are easily recognizable and likable. Crafted for greatness. It's sequel tries for more but comes out on more or less an even keel. MW2 is a good game but lacks something I can't quite put my finger on. MW is invigorating while MW2 is more tiring.

Batman: Arkham Asymum - A good and original take on the Batman mythos. It takes the hard ass Batman of Frank Miller pitched into a story created from different threads of comic story line and from the cartoon we all know and love. The voice cast alone makes it such a great experience, but then add a genuinely great gaming experience and fun to do collectibles and extras and you have something special on your hands. The battle system is brilliant fun yet simple. The stealth combat is much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Trapattoni wrote: »
    Was tempted to get the Ballad and LOD add ons but I'm bored playing this by now meself

Get them, they are much better than the original IMO

Left 4 Dead 2
    Co-op gameplay at it's finest. Such a simple idea you wonder why nobody else has done it before. And I'm glad nobody else did, cause I doubt they would have done it as good as valve has. Tons of zombies, guns and co-op play. All we need now is a gta type game but with zombies :D

Gears of War 2
    Single player is alright, terrible story and characters imo. The MP is where I kept coming back, so addictive (don't ask me why, i just kept going back to it). However they need to sort out the lag and matchmaking (one of the worst on Xbox Live imo) for the next game.

Modern Warfare 2
    Was clued to the MP component of this for weeks, tho im bored of it now tbh. As for the single player, well it's exactly like the Modern Warfare, terrible. Too many set-pieces, scripting over the top and ridiculous and what about the ending again? I mean fantastic if you were watching a movie, but for a game it's absolutely pathetic! MP is good tho :P

Advertisement