Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Outlook Thread: January 2010

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I agree, but the GFS chart for Thursday promises something wintry for the north east, it's a good bit out and lately they have been all over the place, we'll have to wait and see.

[URL="javascript: viewimage(1);"]h850t850eu.png[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

big upgrades -10 uppers and plenty of precip around from Thursday to Saturday

Rtavn1262.png

Rtavn1502.png

Rtavn12617.png

Rtavn1264.png

fingers crossed for this maybe just maybe,i might see my snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

This chart shows us last years record breaking stratosphere warming(circled above on left as it happened and what we're aiming for again on the right.)

This is in the strat warming thread however Snowaddict has been making very good references to it on this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055728070

She's climbing very well and is almoct a carbon copy to last years.

Probably won't see such an extensive warming again,however look at the little warming mid november on the chart that disrupted MR POLAR VORTEX.

Could lead to blocking too because the QBO is easterly,last year was westerly so nowt blocking,just extreamly strong downward easterly zonal winds creating our FEB 2nd snow in the east.

Advertisement