Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nutsy to the Arabs!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

bohsman wrote: »
    The end has yet to come. Its as much DUs fault for not rating him highly enough to pay half decent money - and not even getting in touch about compo till Thursday. We got 100k for an out of contract Deegan, Fenlon with a 3 year contract is worth far more. Im sure a club will come along and be willing to pay and best of luck to him when he goes. Fingers crossed nothing crazy happens between now and then.
    Bohs do tend to have a very strange relationship with their managers. Their was the business with Roddy when he went away during the summer and then came back to find out he didnt have a job. Know there was more to it than that but still strange. As long as their finances are sound enough thats the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Scottish papers are brilliant, seems its been a lifelong dream for Fenlon to move way up to the massive massive SPL

Hehe, the job at DU is bigger than Bohs. Bigger squad, bigger crowds, bigger TV & media exposure, bigger chance to move on to even bigger things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hehe, the job at DU is bigger than Bohs. Bigger squad, bigger crowds, bigger TV & media exposure, bigger chance to move on to even bigger things.

Champions league with bohs and on last seasons showing and this seasons squad additions they have a very real chance of making it.

BUT they fcuked over their employee by not paying him, not letting him leave for a better job.

seriously tho the LOI is pure comedy gold in the off season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Champions league with bohs and on last seasons showing and this seasons squad additions they have a very real chance of making it.

BUT they fcuked over their employee by not paying him, not letting him leave for a better job.

seriously tho the LOI is pure comedy gold in the off season.

so the fact that he signed a contract should be ignored should it?
    In fairness they should have taken the first compo offer made because with the squad they have you could get a decent Leinster sl manager in to Bohs and he would do fine
    i personaly think having a good manager is over-rated(have played loi for 6 years),whats more important is having good trainers,in 2 loi clubs i've played for the Manager wasn't at all hands on with training at all.

heavyballs wrote: »
    so the fact that he signed a contract should be ignored should it?
    In fairness they should have taken the first compo offer made because with the squad they have you could get a decent Leinster sl manager in to Bohs and he would do fine
    i personaly think having a good manager is over-rated(have played loi for 6 years),whats more important is having good trainers,in 2 loi clubs i've played for the Manager wasn't at all hands on with training at all.

How many leagues did you win in those 6 years? Manager coach thing is another thread. Fenlon has 5 titles in 7 years, his players play for him regardless of being paid or not. Cant just be the players there, has to be the manager thats actually making them want to play.

How many leagues did you win in those 6 years? Manager coach thing is another thread. Fenlon has 5 titles in 7 years, his players play for him regardless of being paid or not. Cant just be the players there, has to be the manager thats actually making them want to play.

ok then,if you say so,they're playing for the manager,not themselves and the family they support,get a grip,
    players win matches,not managers

ok then,if you say so,they're playing for the manager,not themselves and the family they support,get a grip,
    players win matches,not managers

Players that do what they are told win matches.

At shels the players were not paid and yet won 10 of their last 13 games, thats not playing for the family or anyone other than the manager.

Crazy to think players take it upon themselves to win leagues, being a pats fan after last season i do believe thats complete fantasy that players win matches.

Players that do what they are told win matches.

At shels the players were not paid and yet won 10 of their last 13 games,

your first comment is just pure fantasy,do you reckon a pro football team can be told anything by a manager that they don't already know,

on your second comment,tell me we're Shels a full time club last year?,no,so they have jobs to pay the bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

your first comment is just pure fantasy,do you reckon a pro football team can be told anything by a manager that they don't already know

By that token, a team with the best players would win the (any) league and never lose a game.

Or somebody like Alex Ferguson left United tomorrow, they would simply replicate the success of his reign, whoever took over.

stovelid wrote: »
    By that token, a team with the best players would win the (any) league and never lose a game.

Or somebody like Alex Ferguson left United tomorrow, they would simply replicate the success of his reign, whoever took over.

i'm going by my experience ok,what i'm saying is(if you had bothered to read my posts)that Bohs should have taken the compo offered because if he was to leave the Bohs team are not going to turn sheite just because he left
    I can tell you having played with Owen Heary for a season i would say his attitude and the way he prepares a team mentally for a match is something to behold.
    If he were to leave it would be more of a loss (football ability aside)to Bohs from a motivational side than any manager
    Is there any Bohs fans that would know him and concur with this

He is defo a top manager in the making,mark my words,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

i'm going by my experience ok,what i'm saying is(if you had bothered to read my posts)that Bohs should have taken the compo offered because if he was to leave the Bohs team are not going to turn sheite just because he left
    I can tell you having played with Owen Heary for a season i would say his attitude and the way he prepares a team mentally for a match is something to behold.
    If he were to leave it would be more of a loss (football ability aside)to Bohs from a motivational side than any manager

You've just contradicted your previous few posts with the above post.

@ heavyballs: you are more or less saying that Heary fulfils a managing role and by extension that this role has worth. :)

As for Heary, he certainly seems to be regarded as a potential replacement for Nutsy among the Bohs lads I know.

You've just contradicted your previous few posts with the above post.

i never said that there wasn't great managers,what i was trying to convey was the worth of a manager is overrated imo and experience
    that's why i don't think Bohs would have suffered in any way letting him go once the nucleus of the squad sticks together

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

stovelid wrote: »
    As for Heary, he certainly seems to be regarded as a potential replacement for Nutsy among the Bohs lads I know.
    Wouldn't be the worst option imo anyway

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Im purely laughing at the "dream job" bit. I agree that theres bigger attendances, more exposure, bigger debts, better squads in the top 4/5 teams.

Would be my favourite to take over when the time comes.

In other news Nutsy was paid his bonus last night according to Scottish BBC.

Pats have won 2 and a half league titles with poor players that did their job and played as a team for the manager.

No way in hell the players decided upon themselves to win 70% of our games, the manager was the one who did it.

seriously its another thread.

Nutsy is the best manager in this country, he deserves a shot at england just like a good chunk of our players do. LOI fans all look out for Coleman, Fahey, Hoolohan stats every week cos we know they are good enough altho they played for another team we still seen them play in our grounds. So we want them to succeed (except rovers fans they want nutsy out so they can win the league un challeneged :D )

But even they would like him as manager one day.

Pats have won 2 and a half league titles with poor players that did their job and played as a team for the manager.

No way in hell the players decided upon themselves to win 70% of our games, the manager was the one who did it

the manager was the one who did it!omg you've got to be jokin right.
    let me guess,you're not now or ever have been a footballer,
    when i played ball i played because that's what i have enjoyed since i could walk,and you're trying to tell me the manager was the one who did it?
    LOL

the manager was the one who did it!omg you've got to be jokin right.
    let me guess,you're not now or ever have been a footballer,
    when i played ball i played because that's what i have enjoyed since i could walk,and you're trying to tell me the manager was the one who did it?
    LOL

uhh i still play (well try):o

As an LOI player you will be familiar with the 2 title winning teams Kerr had and the one Dolan had which we didnt actually win in the end but we did on the pitch (shels ***** but im not bitter).

Those teams were made up of average players yet they wont the league vs far far superior players, in your opinion the far superior players should have won the league as they were far superior in the real world we won it as we had better managers and players that did what they were told (one of them was Fenlon class player too)

Now onto Greece who again average players but playing for their manager in his system oh **** me they won stuff.

Seriously this player vs manager thing could go on forever and you would never ever get close to naming one team that won anything of note based purely on the players.

The ones that do what they are told win things!

Again its another thread.

this is my last point on the matter,if you had read my posts you'll see that i mentioned Heary as a player who has the ability to motivate a team more than any mamager bar 1 that i played under(Noel o Reilly R.I.P,legend)

So team spirit,attitude,good diet,training etc all lead to a balanced team,i never said do away with managers,what i said was their worth is overrated
    if you knew anything you'd know that was true

in terms of the pat's team,to me they were above average but a good bunch and had a great team spirit,if you have a very good team with a couple of bad eggs it can effect the whole team

• Advertisement

But even they would like him as manager one day.

He'll get it one day, bless him. Not for lack of applications. :D

Seriously though, while I'd love to see Bohs destabilized to improve our chances of the title next season, I like to see any Irish manager or player going from our league to succeed at a higher level, no matter what I think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Even Roddy?

Even Roddy?

He's a clown, but I wasn't actively hoping he'd fail in Malta. I figured he'd balls it up himself anyway. :D

Advertisement