Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford to grange castle

Options
  • 05-01-2010 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I am not from dublin but I was wondering if its realistic for one to live in sandyford and work in wyeth in grange castle, how long would the commute take by car and by other means?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

It would be if you were driving,its about a 25minute comute depending on traffic, M50 from sandyford to Clondalkin exit, then N7 to grangecastle exit its more or less a direct route

Im not sure of busses from sandyford but the 151 goes directly from town to grangecastle, the luas is a different line so wouldnt be of much benifit to you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

It might be possible to get any bus towards the city centre, change to the 17 west and then onto a 151 out to Wyeth but I'm not sure.

It's probably more reliable to get a Luas to SSG and then walk to Kevin St and catch the 151 from there. Monthly DB/Luas tickets are €113 and cheaper if you can get them through work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's definitely possible and the AA route planner said it should only take 21 mins but that doesn't take into account heavy traffic at both ends. I'd say 35-40mins is more realistic at peak times.

You could get the luas to Stephens Green and then walk down to College Green or Dame St and get the 151. I know in peak times it takes 151 about 50mins to get from Dame St to Parkwest so it's probably 5-10mins more to Grangecastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I don't think it would be a good option if you were to rely on public transport, to be honest. Somewhere like Crumlin or Park West, where you can pick up the 151 directly would give you a lot more free time, and sanity, in the long run. But if you have a car, it would not be the worst journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

are you working on one of the shifts there where you avoid all the traffic or are you doing regular office hours?
    if you are working shift the driving should be fine, i not perhaps the luas to harcourt/the green and walk to kevin street for the 151, it's very regular and gets out there really quick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Im not living/working in Dublin yet but I hope to,I dont have to live in sandyford but where would be a happy medium where I could get quick acesss by public transport to both areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ledgendary Lad

Anywhere along the Route 151 goes.
    Think it Dockland to GC so Long Mile etc.
    Personally I'd recommend somewhere like Rosebank, Millpark, Yellow Meadows or Westbourne Grove in Clondalkin Village which afaik are on or very close to 151 Route AND GC itself.
    Actually walking distance.
    Clon's got a lot going for it in fairness.

Advertisement