Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Galway to Roscommon in the morning

• 05-01-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hi All, have to travel from Galway to Roscommon town tomorrow morning. Need to arrive around 9:30 10:00. Just wondering with the opening of the M6 and the present weather conditions, what condition the N63 & M6 & N61 are in these days? Also wondering how long its taking to get Galway to Roscommon on the M6/N61 route versus the N63 route? Use to do the N63 in 1:10. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Hi Also wondering What is the Road from Castlebaldwin to Roscommon like?

I dont mean to nagg, but can anyone help? Or suggest another location for me to ask this question? cheers:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Give yourself 3 hours. It took me all day to go from Sligo to Dublin. For the sake of getting up a few hours earlier, you will save yourself a lot of heartache.

jees you poor thing! thats one hell of journey! The boss ended up cancelling the trip to Roscommon. Thank God! Still interested in what the travel time from Roscommon to Galway on the new M6 is like. Cheers:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Took me a minute to cop what you would want to know about the M6 for if traveling to Galway from Roscommon before realizing that you probably mean to go to Athlone and join the motorway there rather then use the N63 which strictly speaking is the official 'direct' route. But yeah once you get on the motorway it's pretty smooth sailing. One word of warning, exercise extreme caution if you intend to use the overtaking lane on the right. Treatments aren't all that effective there and if you try to overtake at 120km/h in there,you may encounter some difficulties.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Took me a minute to cop what you would want to know about the M6 for if traveling to Galway from Roscommon before realizing that you probably mean to go to Athlone and join the motorway there rather then use the N63 which strictly speaking is the official 'direct' route. But yeah once you get on the motorway it's pretty smooth sailing. One word of warning, exercise extreme caution if you intend to use the overtaking lane on the right. Treatments aren't all that effective there and if you try to overtake at 120km/h in there,you may encounter some difficulties.
    Cheers for that Flazio, I did mean going Roscommon - Athlone M6 Galway. Have you tried it yourself? How long did it take you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well on Wednesday morning everything was ok from Ballinasloe (my start point) to Galway but caution is well suggested as the gritting is expected to get sparse.

Advertisement