Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Abbeyleix?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am travelling to a wedding in Laois on Thursday. I will be on the N7 as far as Mountrath and also on the R430 from Mountrath to Abbeyleix. Does anyone know how these roads are at the moment and over the last few days?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Nicola

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

I passed this road at the weekend and it was desperate, totally white with no thaw, very slippy in parts. if the weather gets any worse i'd travel on from mountrath to portlaoise and take the main road to abbeyleix from there. hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Why would you take that route to Abbeyleix? are you coming from the south? in these conditions much wiser to take the M7 as far as the Abbeyleix exit and then the N8 to the town itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nikkinoo33

From Dublin, I have to go to the brides house first in Mountrath and then on to the church in Abbeyleix. I think I will go the long way around. Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, stay well clear of the R430 - I travel this road frequently and it is extremely dangerous whenever it freezes overnight as the council do not grit it.

Advertisement