Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I'm suddenly imagining a TV3 spin off of Discovery Channel's Stormchasers series, expect it's set in Ireland and instead of chasing twisters, the lads go around in a hiace chasing snow showers. Sponsered by Maltesers.

Better patent that ;) It's TV3 so you never know :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

candy19 wrote: »
    Dublin city council came down our road here today to wash the street, now we have three cars gone off the street as it froze over practically straight away....:eek:

What was the point in that? Should they not have been gritting it??:confused:

They were preparing the surface for the inaugural Irish ice skating marathon. You can't expect the athletes to skate on anything less than a perfect surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

There are Klingons being reported off the starboard bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

can't see the sky, half of the town burried under snow after the avalanche that came down from bray head

:D

You taking the piste?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

owenc wrote: »
    weres this trough polar low that was suposed to be coming! never came ever!

Can I suggest the Ranting or Raving forum or maybe give Joe Duffy a ring to express your displeasure at the weather conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Rougies wrote: »
    I think you answered your own question there ;)

well were did it go did scotland snatch it!:mad::mad: yet again!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

owenc wrote: »
    weres this trough polar low that was suposed to be coming! never came ever!

Got within a mile of the north coast, stopped, thought about it, and scooted off to the right....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

testicle wrote: »
    There are Klingons being reported off the starboard bow.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

can't see the sky, half of the town burried under snow after the avalanche that came down from bray head
    would block my view of bray head please dont say that :rolleyes:

AndyP wrote: »
    Can I suggest the Ranting or Raving forum or maybe give Joe Duffy a ring to express your displeasure at the weather conditions.

Can i sugest you go jump! I do not care what happens anymore im sick of this behaviour everytime i blotty post someone comments with a rude response about my post so if they can be rude i will be rude full stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

right off for a while... neck broken looking between screen and velux... should have rigged up a mirror system..lol... enjoy the snow... you lucky things... ours (approx **2mm***) is staying for now, will prob freeze like mad tonight so once again the ice rink gets a new cover... might need one of those Zamboni things to smooth it proper... then get me skates on....

chat laters....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Is there any chance this forum could be moderated to delete the rubbish one liners that have filled the last 3 pages
    There is very little on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

They were preparing the surface for the inaugural Irish ice skating marathon. You can't expect the athletes to skate on anything less than a perfect surface.

Seriously hey it's brutal down here! I think if they had brain's they'd be dangerous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

not looking good for the east now! Game over i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Drive about 20 miles north and you can see it!!! another 10 miles east and you'll be in it!!!
    Good I might do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Is there any chance this forum could be moderated to delete the rubbish one liners that have filled the last 3 pages
    I for one am guilty of that so I am sorry :ook back on topic looks like tonight is going to be very interesting along east facing countys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Eh? It's too early. Latest Met Eireann forecast mentions "Showers arriving on eastern coasts will become more frequent, and renewed snowfall will occur in east Leinster before morning."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

It hasn't even begun yet :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

The above being the first to go....:p

Back OT, freezing again here,clear skies and the roads are going to be like a lottery again. No snow for the midlands though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

scotchy wrote: »
    Awwww, Just missed:D

I'll get number 1000!!!

• Advertisement

Well i do not agree with that as this is a forum were you discuss things and it would be annoying everytime you post having to post a lecture just to post!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That's what they were saying here at the same time on New Years Eve. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

wouldnt be any fun without the banter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

wushu wrote: »
    I for one am guilty of that so I am sorry :ook back on topic looks like tonight is going to be very interesting along east facing countys :)

I as well, Didn't realise we had gone so far off-topic.

Has anybody got a site or a chart that shows wind speed and direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

baraca wrote: »

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

that tv show for tv3 sounds just ****e enough, expect it to see it primiering in the fall.

SNOW*CHASERS!

*or rain, sleet, snizzle,graupel, sleetty rain or none of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

www.irelandsweather.com .. use the drop down menu top right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

wushu wrote: »
    would block my view of bray head please dont say that :rolleyes:

can you see what type of wine i'm drinking all the way from wicklow? and is it very cloudy in new york at the moment? just asking because you seem to have an excellent view of the whole world's sky line from there in wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

How reliable is this chart for 3am tomorrow?

[URL="javascript: viewimage(2);"]ukprec.png[/URL]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement