Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Any timeframe? I'd love a snowfight tonight :P

Chances increasing steadily throughout the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Rougies wrote: »
    99.9% yea :)

which means we'll wake up tomorrow again dissapointed.......!! lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You're like those damn weathermn on RTE :P

Kk, in your opinon, can we expect snow at 2100? or midnight or 3 am?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

weve got lift off

V light but officially its begun :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Looking at the met radar, is that band of presip heading to south dub, north wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Still up for that snowfight??:p

IvySlayer wrote: »
    You're like those damn weathermn on RTE :P

Kk, in your opinon, can we expect snow at 2100? or midnight or 3 am?

I'd say it'll kick off around midnight. There. :)
    By "around" I mean +/- 1 to 6 hours :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

jenzz wrote: »
    weve got lift off

Good! At this rate, will be a week before those showers get here. :D

weve got lift off

Told ya ;)

Yeah it seems to have broken up a bit before it got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

There was 1 or 2 flakes floating about 10 min ago ( literly 1 / 2) lol nothing since. Trog you showing anything down there ???

Jenzz (M/F??) Where are you in Bray if Togdor down on Seapoint road is 'Down There'. Got a text from the Bro just off the seafront saying its snowing and me sitting in the house sandwiched between Newcourt rd and the Raheen road to the scenic carpark and I had clear skies above and not a flake falling. Its amazing the difference a few hundred metres makes from one end of the Meath Road to the other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im hoping we'll get some snow here later tonight and 2moro but i'd say my chances are much lower this far north.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

RTE said met eireann have revised their weather warning and saying another 5 cm of snow is expected in the north and northwest, doesnt mention anything about the east

Calibos wrote: »
    Jenzz (M/F??) Where are you in Bray if Togdor down on Seapoint road is 'Down There'. Got a text from the Bro just off the seafront saying its snowing and me sitting in the house sandwiched between Newcourt rd and the Raheen road to the scenic carpark and I had clear skies above and not a flake falling. Its amazing the difference a few hundred metres makes from one end of the Meath Road to the other.

Hey
    Highest point on the Herbert road up off the motorway

F=jen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Was just looking at the Sat24 animation and clouds now seem to be coming from the NNE. Streamers seem to be forming from Carlingford Lough and streaming directly at South Dublin/Bray. Is this a snow train?? Will it just keep forming and coming and coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Can comfirm some light snow down here too calibos:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Pangea wrote: »
    RTE said met eireann have revised their weather warning and saying another 5 cm of snow is expected in the north and northwest, doesnt mention anything about the east

Met guy on RTE radio at the moment and read the 16.08 forecast more or less word for word :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I note that Met E gale warning has been updated:

Northeast winds will reach gale force overnight on coasts from Belfast Lough to Carnsore Point to Valentia
    Issued at 16:00 on 05-Jan-2010

The mention of north wind has been removed from earlier. :)

Was just looking at the Sat24 animation and clouds now seem to be coming from the NNE. Streamers seem to be forming from Carlingford Lough and streaming directly at South Dublin/Bray. Is this a snow train?? Will it just keep forming and coming and coming

Front seat on the snow train so :D:D

MollyZ wrote: »
    Met guy on RTE radio at the moment and read the 16.08 forecast more or less word for word :confused:

Sometimes I think peoples ears are blocked? He did read word for word and said:

Wintry showers in the north and west will become more isolated and confined mainly to north Ulster. Showers arriving on eastern coasts will become more frequent, and renewed snowfall will occur in east Leinster before morning.

He also added that there will be additioanl acuumulations of snow - he mentioned for Dublin (that's when my ears turned off!) but I think he also said for Wicklow and Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Vincent O'Shea on RTE Radio 1 just forecast 3-4 cms of snow for Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford during daytime hours tomorrow. At least he said we MAY see that quantity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'm just back from a walk up the Hell Fire Club on Montpelier Hill at Killakee along the Military Road. The snow up there is beautiful, the scenery is amazing, ice on the tree's, it's well worth a walk up for anyone around the Firhouse, Tallaght, Knocklyon area who wants to see some quality snow! Pics tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

DOCARCH wrote: »

Northeast winds will reach gale force overnight on coasts from Belfast Lough to Carnsore Point to Valentia

That makes sense. Also I think the 850hpa winds will be more east than 10m winds and its this wind that will drive the streamers onshore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

1st flake confirmed in ballybrack:D

Sometimes I think peoples ears are blocked? He did read word for word and said:

Wintry showers in the north and west will become more isolated and confined mainly to north Ulster. Showers arriving on eastern coasts will become more frequent, and renewed snowfall will occur in east Leinster before morning.

He also added that there will be additioanl acuumulations of snow - he mentioned for Dublin (that's when my ears turned off!) but I think he also said for Wicklow and Kildare.

Sorry Docarch, that's exactly what I meant, was just confused because Pangea's post said that there was no mention of the East on whatever he heard. Maybe he's pulling our legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

MollyZ wrote: »
    I m talking about RTE news that i seen earlier and on the rte website they didnt mention the east ,
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0105/weather.html

Met Éireann has renewed its severe weather warning, with up to 5cm of snow expected in parts of Connacht and in Ulster later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

it will be too windy for snow!

Temp here just dropped risen from -2.0c to -1.7c in 5 minutes - that could mean only one thing and sure enough when I looked out it has clouded over here.

Can't believe I got so excited about a bit of cloud!!!

starting to buckket down now :D:D:D

Pangea wrote: »
    I m talking about RTE news that i seen earlier and on the rte websitethey didnt mention the east ,
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0105/weather.html

Met Éireann has renewed its severe weather warning, with up to 5cm of snow expected in parts of Connacht and in Ulster later today.

Ah, sorry. Think I might need a few hours sleep, it's been a long day, brain not working properly.

• Advertisement

it will be too windy for snow!

Huh ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement