Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

it will be too windy for snow!

How do you figure that ? :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Duiske wrote: »
    How do you figure that ? :confused:
    jenzz wrote: »
    Huh ???

I would take that as a joke! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Temp here just dropped from -2.0c to -1.7c in 5 minutes - that could mean only one thing and sure enough when I looked out it has clouded over here.

Can't believe I got so excited about a bit of cloud!!!
    Err that's a rise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

some snow in greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Sleet in greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    starting to buckket down now :D:D:D

Not exactly bucketing here but still snowing lightly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Anyone notice that the weather warning has been removed from Met.ie?

There will probably be a new warning up there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Cloud starting to move in over Blackrock, but no snow yet.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mothman wrote: »
    Err that's a rise ;)

Sorry - the excitement of seeing a bit of cloud has its consequences! :pac:

Looking at the 1800 radar, things are pepping up a little now.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Oh I have a horrible feeling tonight will be exclusive to South Dublin and below... from an east coast perspective that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Here's the precipcast for 2000. Sorry if anyone's already posted it.

This is getting really interesting. So much of the momentum seems to be towards Wicklow and Wexford, however the Met Eireann radar does back up earlier observations of streamers developing to the north. No sign of the 1800 picture yet.

It's going to be an interesting evening/night.

I'd also keep an eye on those big showers moving into SE Scotland and NE England. If the NE gales do materialise you might see these making to the Irish Sea, albiet weakening over northern England, but then pepping up over the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Does this mean the wind has changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BotanyQueen

NW wind, does that mean that Dublin won't get any of that snow that's over the Irish Sea atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Theres a nice line of showers developing at the moment just offshore near Skerries. Seem to be heading for south Dublin / Bray area.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Whats the chances of some for the isle of man,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

linguist wrote: »

This is getting really interesting. So much of the momentum seems to be towards Wicklow and Wexford, however the Met Eireann radar does back up earlier observations of streamers developing to the north. No sign of the 1800 picture yet.

I was just up the Hell Fire Club in South Dublin and I had a line of sight on top of the mountain from the Irish sea out to the east, and northerly up as far as Carlingford. The heavy cloud coming in from the Irish Sea seemed to be barely making land, instead slipping down the coast towards Wexford parellel to the shoreline..

Check out the 1800 return from the Met Eireann rainfall radar. There's definitely some activity building off Dublin. A bit of yellow showing on the 1800.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Its possible you could get some showers overnight and tomorrow morning, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

*crosses fingers for d15*

Hope these showers aren't a south-dublin and below affair!

All in the interests of more traversable paths tomorrow, of course ;)

• Advertisement

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I was just up the Hell Fire Club in South Dublin and I had a line of sight on top of the mountain from the Irish sea out to the east, and northerly up as far as Carlingford. The heavy cloud coming in from the Irish Sea seemed to be barely making land, instead slipping down the coast towards Wexford parellel to the shoreline..

I'd say give it time. There's definitely some momentum building out there. There's some stuff further north that would be on course for the north county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Would be nice to see them heavy showers over Northern England exit into the Irish Sea

qq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

sounds very interesting, i'd say u r a tiger in the bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'd say give it time. There's definitely some momentum building out there. There's some stuff further north that would be on course for the north county.

Looking at the 1800 radar from ME, I'd say there isn't much happening on the east coast anytime soon, save maybe for a dusting of snow, would love to be proven wrong!

Looking at http://www.sat24.com/gb, you might something sooner rather than later (looking at showers/cloud moving SE across n'rn 'England).

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Looking at the 1800 radar from ME, I'd say there isn't much happening on the east coast anytime soon, save maybe for a dusting of snow, would love to be proven wrong!

Agreed, but the fact that there is stuff happening north of Dublin Bay backs up the line that Met Eireann have been going with for a few hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Light snow here. Temp of -1.8c

18:15 showing the showers becoming more intense

EDIT: Fairly hefty flakes faling here now:D
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    101031.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

seriously where is the snow going to come from? i can't see it. it just can't appear out of thin air!

• Advertisement

Moderate snow falling now and sticking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement