Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

missed the weather there, anything further inland ( kilkenny)???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Has RainToday removed the zoom and pan features ?

All Id like now is a big fat spliff to watch the snow by...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Jean was looking mighty fine tonight :p

oh, she mentioned snow also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

This cold snap is crap. Haven't seen any snow since it started, just frost :(
    I guess we won't get any for this cold spell :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

missed the weather there, anything further inland ( kilkenny)???

Nope. Friday and the weekend looked better for inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If it continues snowing will schools, colleges still reopen as planned later this week or will they stay closed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Looks like tonight, tomorrow and possible Thursday will be the last real chance of seeing any significanct snowfall in the east according to met.ie. No doubt it will avoid Meath once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Woohooo!

Hope Lucan gets loads :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

so wat is the verdict from the met eireann forcast on tv just now? by the looks of the fax charts for the weekend the east coast is going to have a pretty good easterly or am I reading the chart wrong?lol;)

• Advertisement

The sky is crystal clear here, but I have faith :)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Lashings of snow in greystones. Sticking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Looks like a good forecast for the east, with maybe just maybe the odd flurry on western coasts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Not a great forecast from Jean Byrne there. :(

Why not? Red triangles, mention of snow, and cold weather ahead to keep it there. Sounded ok to me.

And the black leather number. No wonder Gerry Fleming winked ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

Tusky wrote: »
    If it continues snowing will schools, colleges still reopen as planned later this week or will they stay closed ?

The Dept. of Education have said that it is up to the Boards of Management of individual schools to make a decision on whether or not they will open. A lot will depend on road surface conditions in the vicinity of the schools.

Did anyone notice this:

On this forum last night, when met eireann said little chance of snow for the east, everyone dismissed them and said they were wrong.

Yet tonight, met eireann say snow for the east coast, and 3 warning triangles. Suddenly everyone starts talking about met eireanns forecast!!!

Just an observation . . .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Jake1 wrote: »
    The sky is crystal clear here, but I have faith :)

same here, keeping looking out of all the windows at every anle to see any clouds, lol,

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Snow starting to get heavier in Greystones although it does appear to be showery rather than consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

glossy wrote: »
    same here, keeping looking out of all the windows at every anle to see any clouds, lol,
    Um every wat?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

I actually think I'll cry if there's no snow in Dublin this evening. What always make it more infuriating is seeing Britain get around 10 inches of the stuff. Wish it would snow during the day as well so you can appreciate it. 3am snowfalls when you're tucked up in bed are no fun :-(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Did anyone notice this:

On this forum last night, when met eireann said little chance of snow for the east, everyone dismissed them and said they were wrong.

Yet tonight, met eireann say snow for the east coast, and 3 warning triangles. Suddenly everyone starts talking about met eireanns forecast!!!

People are just enthusiastic on here - if Met E say it's not going to snow, people on here are just hopeful that it might snow. When Met E say it will snow - then people on here go mental. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Did anyone notice this:

Correct is right. When I was on here yesterday I thought I was in for a dumping of snow. But Met Eireann were only talking about an insignificant shower in relative terms which is exactly what I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Did anyone notice this:

Met Eireann usually underestimate things like snowfall so when they actually give it, it looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

mad DIY wrote: »
    Has RainToday removed the zoom and pan features ?

"Great news! Due to the exciting snow events over the coming days, MeteoGroup are extending the preview of RainToday Premium until 10th January 2010.
    To try and accommodate as many users as possible viewing the snowfall, we may temporarily disable zoom or pan features. We apologies for any inconvenience"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Tusky wrote: »

They said on the 6 news that they'd leave that decision to the individual boards of managements to decide, depending of course on how bad the particular area is.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    People are just enthusiastic on here - if Met E say it's not going to snow, people on here are just hopeful that it might snow. When Met E say it will snow - then people on here go mental. Simple as.

Which is basically just rephrasing what i said!!!

:rolleyes:

went for a walk by the golf club today at tubber lane, there were kids sledding down the hills in golf course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BotanyQueen

NW wind though!! How is that going to bring snow to the EAST?
    I don't understand it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

NW wind though!! How is that going to bring snow to the EAST?
    I don't understand it...

It is not NW anymore ;)

• Advertisement

I may be wrong here, but it seems to me, a lot of people get very pissed off if they dont get snow, whats up with that? Some are almost demanding snow :)

Chill people, its all good fun, not life and death. Sometimes people get it wrong, sometimes right, no biggie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement