Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Kippure wrote: »
    Tonights ecm looks to lock us into cold, till febuary. What an unreal cold outlook.

On the other hand, the GFS 12Z ensembles has us gradually returning to more normal temps over a period of 3-4 days staring as early as Jan 10th. :rolleyes:

Mind you from the precipitation ensembles it may be ending with a bang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭revr

Got a snow shower at last in N east coast. Maybe the Irish sea showers are peppin up at last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

There's nothing forming on the irish sea to bring us any snow on the east. the winds haven't changed and don't look like they will. I'm affraid it's a no snow show tonight :(
    I guess you are the type who screams 'we are all going to die' when there is turbelence in an airplane?

As it has been said many times on here and by Met Eireann the main shower activity does not kick in until the early hours of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

There's nothing forming on the irish sea to bring us any snow on the east. the winds haven't changed and don't look like they will. I'm affraid it's a no snow show tonight :(

It snowing in Wicklow and we are on the east:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

You have been saying that all day , give it a rest ! Its starting to get a bit old now !!!!

Anyway from what I have been reading it is supposed to happen overnight .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Decent snow shower between Calary and Roundwood (R755) on the way home, road totally white and lethal. Much more of that and will be impassable by morning.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

where abouts are you revr?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Warnings

Weather Warning

Issued at 05 January 2010 - 19:50

Severe Weather Warning

Snow shower overnight and during Wednesday will give accumulations of 2 to 4 cm over east Leinster .

Valid: 21:00 on 05/01/2010
    to 15:00 on 06/01/2010

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Warnings

Weather Warning

Issued at 05 January 2010 - 19:50

Severe Weather Warning

Snow shower overnight and during Wednesday will give accumulations of 2 to 4 cm over east Leinster .

Valid: 21:00 on 05/01/2010
    to 15:00 on 06/01/2010

Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

4cm...........lol......dandruff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Snowing up in Rathdrum for a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Wibbler wrote: »
    On the other hand, the GFS 12Z ensembles has us gradually returning to more normal temps over a period of 3-4 days staring as early as Jan 10th. :rolleyes:

Mind you from the precipitation ensembles it may be ending with a bang?

Gfs has been inconsistent, ecm and ukmo are on the mark. Just an observation.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Another night in the freezer here by the look of it.

Not all the snow from last night has melted and with wet surfaces, roads could be deadly again tomorrow morning.

don't expect snow overnight here, just bitter cold.

Casement is the station to watch. it is already -4 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    Trog whats the Jazz for the evenng ? Am I to watch the outside light all night or any idea when it will step up a gear & I can start the snowman ???

We..play..the waiting game..again -cowares- ;) just wait for the showers, should form and drift in all through the night i think:)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

4cm...........lol......dandruff

oh you're back.. already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Anyone know if there's any decent showers forecast for tomorrow? No fun when all the snow falls at night

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Heavy snow/hail shower in Belfast at the moment according to my sister who is driving through it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Did anyone notice this:

On this forum last night, when met eireann said little chance of snow for the east, everyone dismissed them and said they were wrong.

Yet tonight, met eireann say snow for the east coast, and 3 warning triangles. Suddenly everyone starts talking about met eireanns forecast!!!

Just an observation . . .;)

Met Eireann should bloody well give us what we want... that is what they get paid for... the UK Met Office predicted widespread snow for Britain and that is exactly what Britain is getting... that is part of the problem, all the negative forecasts from Met Eireann... if they were a bit more positive about a major snowfall event we might get one, but OH NO they would rather put negativity out into the universe, so it is no suprise we get a light dusting... as ye sow so shall ye reap! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

not great pics but its snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Why am i not allowed to give non snow predictions? I don't think it will snow! Why can't i express that. All the experts have disappeared too. They've got this wrong, no snow tonight i'm affraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why am i not allowed to give non snow predictions? I don't think it will snow! Why can't i express that. All the experts have disappeared too. They've got this wrong, no snow tonight i'm affraid.

It's snowing in Wicklow right now according to some boardsies

:confused:

well technically you're wrong, it snowed here in greystones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

it's nowcasting even for the professionals, the pattern is locked in but the minutia details each day means it's easy to criticise them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

who said you can't give a non snow prediction.

I gave a non snow prediction a few posts back and if people don't like it, they can go -read someone else's prediction-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

IvySlayer wrote: »

i'm talking dublin/meath. the wicklow showers are dying out. they have been building up all day and are dying out. There's nothing building up on the irish sea to replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bren Jacob

Stopped now but it gave a light covering

IvySlayer wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭revr

snowjon wrote: »
    Heavy snow/hail shower in Belfast at the moment according to my sister who is driving through it :D

I got that one 2 the North of Belfast. Mon the Irish sea kick into life

Its snowing again here lol. Somebody definitely sabotaged our snow shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Noone's stopping you from making predictions:) but everyone has the right to choose who to believe, met eireann are backing snow tonight too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

francosp wrote: »
    I wonder where that shower developing over Belfast will end up.. ;)
    heavy hailstone shower- the whole place is completely white now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement