Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

who said you can't give a non snow prediction.

I gave a non snow prediction a few posts back and if people don't like it, they can go fcuk themselves.

Thats a lovely way to talk, especially for a mod... You sound so pleasent! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Davo D wrote: »
    This NW and at some times W wind has been messing things up as far as snow fall goes on the east coast so far. What exactly has to happen for it to turn NE, what are we looking out for?

well i think these north west winds should go away now as it is just rising temps in the north and bringing in cloud with no precipatation so basically tems are stuck around 1c and only barely getting below 0c for about 2hours every night... its pointless we'd be better off in an easterly.. anyway the showers arnt as heavy as predicted i barely have 2cm only hilly areas of ni have loads and that has only come because theyve had snow for weeks now........ i want a frosty cold -10c night again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Just starting to snow again in Greystones. Light enough but if its that large band off the east coast it could be down for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

On this forum, which I do not mod, I am just another user.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Why am i not allowed to give non snow predictions? I don't think it will snow! Why can't i express that. All the experts have disappeared too. They've got this wrong, no snow tonight i'm affraid.

You allowed your "non snow predictions" but you keep forcing your views on others .

You say it wont snow leave it at that ! You dont need to update that throughout the day .

And I suppose what we would call the Number one experts have predicted snow tonight, MET Eireann

Although I will stick with the views of the resident experts on here .

I can tell by the cut of your gib your a , the glass is half empty type of person !!! You big Negative Nelly :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BotanyQueen

:rolleyes: Winds still NW...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

i'm talking dublin/meath. the wicklow showers are dying out. they have been building up all day and are dying out. There's nothing building up on the irish sea to replace it.
    Francie. The showers do not get going until before midnight or early AM.

The weather warning from ME was also recently updated to say 9pm today to 3pm tomorrow.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63811198&postcount=729

And just so you know, later tonight showers will appear on the radar very quickly. It will be a hit and miss affair but there will be showers.

revr wrote: »
    I got that one 2 the North of Belfast. Mon the Irish sea kick into life

yea that auld antrim gets everything by the bare feet of about 5 miles ever night ugh! lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

maybe it dosent snow as much here bcos there are too many sheep and cows blowing their gas and nauctious fuems into the atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Just starting to snow again in Greystones. Light enough but if its that large band off the east coast it could be down for a while.

More Gralle like snow than the flakey stuff... Still, better than nothing...!!

• Advertisement

showers coming in from the NNE according to the radar loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

You allowed your "non snow predictions" but you keep forcing your views on others .

You say it wont snow leave it at that ! You dont need to update that throughout the day .

And I suppose what we would call the Number one experts have predicted snow tonight, MET Eireann

Although I will stick with the views of the resident experts on here .

I can tell by the cut of your gib your a , the glass is half empty type of person !!! You big Negative Nelly :P
    so we're only allowed one post a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The winds been NW inland mean very little the 850 height winds are turning NE on the coast thats all that matters don't worry about inland winds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

neither defending or giving out here about the comment, but outside of the forums a Moderator actually moderates, they are no more than a "normal" user.

on a snowier note, out here in Nth Dublin coast, no sign of snow. Was out and about early evening and there were lots of clouds coming in from the sea, but they didn't put anything down. I think we'll be waiting til early hours of the morning if anything is going to happen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i'm talking dublin/meath. the wicklow showers are dying out. they have been building up all day and are dying out. There's nothing building up on the irish sea to replace it.

Theres not much if any snow forecasted for meath, we may only see a dusting, the majority of the snow will be from the Liffey southwards. The charts have been pointing at the main risk areas of South Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford for days. Im not expecting much more than 1-3cm out of this if im lucky. We need an East or a South-East wind for Meath to get decent snow.

Those of you naysayers dont actually have to stay on the weather board, there are other sites to amuse you, if this one is so bad... yet funnily those of you who moan the most are still loitering here.

nasty vibes here now, where once people remembered it was just a bt of fun.
    Shame. Damn Shame.
    :(

On this forum, which I do not mod, I am just another user.

You still shouldn't be speaking like that on the internet!:mad: The rules on this forum need to be severly modified as if you did that on nw you would be banned immediately this is a discrace!

maybe it dosent snow as much here bcos there are too many sheep and cows blowing their gas and nauctious fuems into the atmosphere.

And back again...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Please came down everyone and try to keep the language clean. We won't know until tomorrow whether it's snowed or not:) if you want to have a rant please head over to the ranting and raving forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

TBH there wasn't really any snow predicted for anywhere in leinster other than south of dublin.

Pangea wrote: »

Yea and that stupid southeast gets everything even though us and scotland have been in this colder air for much longer than them but when they get into it for two days or something they get a foot of snow so unfair! I think thats enough moaning or ill get roared at again!

trogdor wrote: »
    Please came down everyone and try to keep the language clean. We won't know until tomorrow whether it's snowed or not:) if you want to have a rant please head over to the ranting and raving forum.

Weres that i would love to go there aslong as its in the weather section!!:D

owenc wrote: »
    You still shouldn't be speaking like that on the internet!:mad: The rules on this forum need to be severly modified as if you did that on nw you would be banned immediately this is a discrace!

There wouldn't be any idiots telling people what opinions a person can and can't share on Netweather either. a site which I have had an account on since it started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭revr

owenc wrote: »
    yea that auld antrim gets everything by the bare feet of about 5 miles ever night ugh! lol...

I fyou look at the radar it is peppin up right on the coast turned into hail now which will be lethal for ice overnight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

so we're only allowed one post a day?

Of course not , sure you have already had 7 negative ones today :p

Anyway back to the weather ,

beautiful down in Newbridge at the moment

Temp : -1.9

DP -3.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

lashing snow in arklow now lads.

There wouldn't be any idiots telling people what opinions a person can and can't share on Netweather either. a site which I have had an account on since it started.

Are you calling me an idiot!:mad: When did i tell you not to share your opinions or are you talking about the few users back a page?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I've just been outside for a weather check, the breeze is still NW'ly but there are clouds approaching from the NE - but of course there's one major problem, nothing is happening out there in the Irish Sea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Hey i still want it to snow! I keep coming here in hope someone can prove me wrong. And already the tune has changed from east to the southeast!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement