Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

where in kilkenny are you???
    no snow last night in thomastown.

City outskirts, just off Dublin Road roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

just started in dalkey here, only light stuff at the moment but all is sticking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Ah God poor Mikey Joe O Shea on the news there - 200-300 missing sheeps. Thats sad him digging up the frozen sheep.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Date on that sat image is 4 Jan ... but if it was the right image, yes, there is increasing potential. Winds are starting to increase as low redevelops on south coast of England. Should be increasing chances of moderate instead of light snow in the streamers especially midnight to 0900.

Still thinking there is 5-10 cm potential in southeast overnight.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

snowing here in foxrock in south dublin. seems to be getting stronger too. :)

started in sandyford too, lightly but big flakes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ergo wrote: »
    still nothing yet here in Dublin 6

I think its very close now. Looking outside, the clouds are very illuminated by the reflection of the streetlights, this is a sign that there may be something falling out of them!

Also temp here has risen to -1.3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

jenzz wrote: »
    Ah God poor Mikey Joe O Shea on the news there - 200-300 missing sheeps. Thats sad him digging up the frozen sheep.:(

Saw that; very sad to see:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

boy_wonder wrote: »
    Light snow in Baldoyle/Sutton now....those clear skies hae given way to the darkness:D

nothing just up the road in raheny:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

boy_wonder wrote: »
    Light snow in Baldoyle/Sutton now....those clear skies hae given way to the darkness:D

Baldoyle, planet Earth? We have no snow in Bayside D13. Most disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Snowing in Stepaside now - getting heavy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

kleefarr wrote: »
    City outskirts, just off Dublin Road roundabout.

snow close yet snow far!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Snowing here!!! Not too heavy but its blowing along the road. Thats a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Coming down again here although i think it might be hail this time, bout a cm or 2 on the ground by now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

ME saying exactly what we want to hear

Breezy and bitterly cold tonight with frost and icy patches. Wintry showers becoming more frequent. Low of 1 to -3 degrees, coldest inland. North to northeasterly winds will increase fresh to strong overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Date on that sat image is 4 Jan ... but if it was the right image, yes, there is increasing potential. Winds are starting to increase as low redevelops on south coast of England. Should be increasing chances of moderate instead of light snow in the streamers especially midnight to 0900.

Still thinking there is 5-10 cm potential in southeast overnight.

Yep, here is correct image! sorry about that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

highdef wrote: »
    Snowing here!!! Not too heavy but its blowing along the road. Thats a good sign

I'm in Grangemore, Donaghmede and nothing!! I can nearly reach to where you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Shires wrote: »
    Baldoyle, planet Earth? We have no snow in Bayside D13. Most disappointing.

Ehh snowing where i am....baldoyle yes, d13 yes, on the sutton side...turning to hail stones now but all sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

THE edge of the cloud has reached Newcastle Co.Dublin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

nothing just up the road in raheny:(

Correction, the snow has arrived from Baldoyle and should be with yiz in Raheny soon. :D

Be warned it's real puny stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I can see it from Naas !!! Its a big cloud that !!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Not a thing here in Goatstown :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

heavy shower there - setting up nicely for a good covering before the real stuff arrives lol:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'd say by the end of the night it will be more than just the coastal fringe of the east that has snow as there appears to be showers developing on the radar more inland now over NI which should also track south and deeper.

DP back down to -1c at M2 bouy - good!

I think Dublin and Wicklow might as well go ahead and declare a snow day tomorrow already! :D
    Beers on me..if you can get here that is :P

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BotanyQueen

So, snow has now been in Wicklow and reached South East Dublin...
    What are the chances of it reaching North West Dublin?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'm starting to think this could be fairly serious for areas in the south east tonight, Not like me either i don't usually get very optimistic or excited but theres something bout tonight

400 people in the Weather forum..is it snowing in Dublin or something?!

BINGO - has just started to snow here. Can have my dinner now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

it's snowing here in dundrum, dublin 14, very very lightly, but still snowing :)

i'm really enjoying this thread, i don't know much about the weather like so many here do, but i'm loving the anticipation of possible snowfall as i missed the new years eve affair! it's nice to see other excited souls when it comes to snow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Supercell wrote: »
    I think Dublin and Wicklow might as well go ahead and declare a snow day tomorrow already! :D
    Beers on me..if you can get here that is :P

I was just thinking the same thing but I need to get to work dont know what I'm going to do. Hope the meeting is called off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement