Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

praying it keeps coming east and hits leixlip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Supercell wrote: »
    400 people in the Weather forum..is it snowing in Dublin or something?!

Not in my part anyway. Still waiting hopefully. Following these threads for the past week. Thanks to all our forecasters for the updates. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

yogidc26 wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing but I need to get to work dont know what I'm going to do. Hope the meeting is called off

Use skype... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BotanyQueen

wunderground.com was forecasting clear skies all night for Dublin and in the last half hour, they have changed their minds to 'chance of snow'...
    Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

I must say I have very little knowledge of weater maps, isobars, hi and low pressure etc bar some basics learnt for leaving cert geography but ive found this thread and it predecessor yesterday to be great, constant updates, a bit of craic etc

I was like a child waiting for santy last night
    "Its snowing in dundalk"

"Snow in drogheda"

"Snow in Balbriggan"

"In Donabate now"

Constantly hitting refresh until i say the flakes land on the window

Beats studying anyday ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Come on little showers, come to Celbridge! :D

(nothing falling yet...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

So, snow has now been in Wicklow and reached South East Dublin...
    What are the chances of it reaching North West Dublin?!

Good. The winds will be edging more NE so should pull streamers over Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Jean is lookin well in the PVC on RTE !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    Coming down again here although i think it might be hail this time, bout a cm or 2 on the ground by now:)

its manky cold - I filled doggies water bowl at about half 6 - Shes been out there digging in it trying to get a drop - god love her.

Jaysus - what in Gods name is Jean wearing >>>>>>>>>>>> Id be arrested if I went out in that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

boo boo hoo cloud is breaking up nothing fell from it :( I dont want it to snow do u think reverse Phycology might work

(firhouse )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Another great forecast for the east from jean byrne!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

jenzz wrote: »
    its manky cold - I filled doggies water bowl at about half 6 - Shes been out there digging in it trying to get a drop - god love her.

Jaysus - what in Gods name is Jean wearing >>>>>>>>>>>> Id be arrested if I went out in that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i still think her silver xmas dress was the best...............

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Snowing very lightly in Donabate just now. As for Jean Byrne, all she was missing was the whip:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Jean is lookin well in the PVC on RTE !!!!

She knows she has an attentive audience tonight!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Light flurries just starting in navan

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

baraca wrote: »
    Another great forecast for the east from jean byrne!

that was just a rerun of the 6 0 clock forecast. She even gulped at the same time lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

I knew it was to good to last that forcast at 9.30 was rubbish nothing for the north and what rader are the using, it not pick up the snow showers here at all and its snowing for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Dubs_Fan wrote: »
    i still think her silver xmas dress was the best...............

the leftover tinfoil from the turkey went to good use that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

linguist wrote: »
    Snowing very lightly in Donabate just now. As for Jean Byrne, all she was missing was the whip:)

Never mind S&M fantasies about Jean, give that oul snow a whip and send it to Swords if you would please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Prime time to discuss cold spell and the response to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

doccy wrote: »
    that was just a rerun of the 6 0 clock forecast. She even gulped at the same time lol.

TBH i was thinking that alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

Will Carlow see snow?
    Also, I have to drive to Aughrim at 9.30 in the morning from Carlow town. Will it be bad over that direction???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bryaner wrote: »
    Light flurries just starting in navan

theres hope yet for Meath:) still nothing here tho stary skies and the cloud bank to my south-east over Dublin all orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

Even Miriam is talkin about the cold weather on Primetime............why isn't she wearin a silver dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Dubs_Fan wrote: »
    Even Miriam is talkin about the cold weather on Primetime............why isn't she wearin a silver dress.

She loaned it to Jean

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Any chance of these showers making it inland as far as Trim?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Any snow anywhere in West Dublin???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Supercell wrote: »
    400 people in the Weather forum..is it snowing in Dublin or something?!

I love reading the names at the bottom of the screen - 'snowstreams', 'snowman10', 'snowshoe sam', 'jakfrost', 'snowaddict' and errrrr 'Washout' (He can sod off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

I saved my 100th post for this snoooooowwwwww :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

There was a time when you wouldn't get an RTE without a guna deas - and that was just Don Cockburn!:) Anyway, there's a bit of hail mixed in with the snow here in Donabate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement