Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

A few large flakes falling in Dublin city centre at about 9.15 and then suddenly nothing.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

a1m1m1o1 wrote: »
    LOL

:)6news_av.html?2677227,null,230

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

flanzer wrote: »
    Jaysus, looking at Primetime here, and my god, as a nation we love complaining about the weather. Cheer up ya miserable feckers!

Anyway, what's happening to the East of Donaghmede?!

It is a crisis in some places, especially rural Ireland where they want our road taxes but it doesn't matter if the roads are usable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

pad180 wrote: »
    anything down wicklow wexford n11 area ? waiting on my mate to collect me for work tonight hope he dosent make it no work happy days :D

Nothing yet pad, Hopefully soon though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

flanzer wrote: »
    Jaysus, looking at Primetime here, and my god, as a nation we love complaining about the weather. Cheer up ya miserable feckers!

Anyway, what's happening to the East of Donaghmede?!

Yeah. What will we do if we get a repeat of 63' or even 47'? This isn't close yet to those winters. And 47' didn't start until the end of January that year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Large flakes falling in Kells :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Yeah, I was trying to decide .... batwoman or catwoman :pac::pac: Very risque for RTE weather lady lol.

Had a few hail showers a while ago and a drizzle of very light snow earlier on in the day so it's white around here but no major snow falls. I'm not exactly giving up but I'm afraid it won't be long now until I will have no choice :( ..... or will it all turn out great in the end? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

gpod123 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Donegal will get any snow tonight? Have been checking Accu Weather and its not giving snow for tonight but snow showers tomorrow. is this site very reliable?
    2130.gif

Does this help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

Very clear skies in Coolock and Raheny its snowing?

strange

anyone a link to the radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Supercell wrote: »
    LMAO, whatever about the weather, Jean and her outfits are clearly raising temperatures :D

:D Jean & Miriam on a cold snowy night, doesn't get any better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Just looking at that myself, very small snow flakes starting to fall here, should be down the Belgard rd to you shortly

Just beside you in Firhouse, ner a sign of a flake here yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Clear night here and a bit breezy, Temp -0.4c DP -1.8c. Hopefully we will see our first snow of this cold spell tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

Just looking at that myself, very small snow flakes starting to fall here, should be down the Belgard rd to you shortly

send it down to me. If we get the predicted snowfall the roads in tallaght will be terrible in the morn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    2130.gif

Does this help

Jeez, I know Athlone could do with some snow,but there was no need to move the town, lock stock and barrel, 30 miles east?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Just beside you in Firhouse, ner a sign of a flake here yet...
    In firhouse too disgraceful killtipper has snow and we dont:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Lord is it looking good for alot of snow in wexford tonight???

Just going to look out the door see if any clouds are coming in yet.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Small shower in Glasnevin - very light but nice powdery stuff - sticking where it lands.

joes girls wrote: »
    Lord is it looking good for alot of snow in wexford tonight???

Just going to look out the door see if any clouds are coming in yet.....................

Yes it is! Nothing yet maybe in the next hour though

Sky looking ominous over West Dublin at the moment - very grey. Have just arrived home. Would be a miracle if the WAS NOT snow tonight.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Small shower in Glasnevin - very light but nice powdery stuff - sticking where it lands.

I don't see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In Mulhuddart.
    Just had a look out and theres a big white cloud about a mile+ to the east of me, probably over Ashtown / Halfway house area.
    Nothing heading my way that I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

a1m1m1o1 wrote: »
    In firhouse too disgraceful killtipper has snow and we dont:(

I'm actually in the Firhouse end of Kiltipper and still no snow yet! Am literally at the foot of Montpelier Hill, aka Hell Fire Club...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

ffarrell wrote: »
    Sky looking ominous over West Dublin at the moment - very grey. Have just arrived home. Would be a miracle if the WAS NOT snow tonight.:D

it better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    2130.gif

Does this help

Where's this from Hotwhiskey and when's it for? I see 21:30 there but is that tonight? If so I hasn't shown up yet - I'm about 20 miles west of Derry in Donegal and we've had a hail shower about an hour ago only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Good fall in Greystones in past hour or so. Enough to make nice puffy snowballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

cloud slowly creeping in over leixlip, fingers crossed! watchin the inbetweeners boxset with a pizza with a gap in the curtain that i keep checking!

Yeah huge cloud coming but looks a little fragmented. Did they say what time they expected snow showers in the Dublin area?? I missed the news and forecasts today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Snow over Nutgrove, Rathfarnham, 20 minutes ago. Large wet flakes, looked like it might start to stick if it fell long enough, but I wasn't there long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

Very Light Snow in Bray now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement