Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thunder and lightening in south Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slingshot

just some crunchy some landed in Templeogue/Knocklyon about 5 mins worth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jeez the English are really getting a pasting.:eek: Still nada in Terenure.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Showers moving in from a more NE direction now. Should improve chances for North Dublin and Kildare. Maybe even a bit further inland as the winds are increasing a little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

napapa wrote: »
    snow flakes in Firhouse! let the heavens open

Have faith people Darragh you should be seen some action now, i'm up where Thomas Davis GAA club is, less than a 1km from you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Wibbs wrote: »
    Jeez the English are really getting a pasting.:eek: Still nada in Terenure.
    Snow in Rathfarnham, snow in Rathmines, stars in Terenure:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Just back from a long walk here in Wicklow town:) the place is white :Dwe have had showers for a while now and its the powdery snow that crunches under foot:) anyway looking out over the irish sea I can see more snow showers are heading our way:cool: who else is getting the showers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Have faith people Darragh you should be seen some action now, i'm up where Thomas Davis GAA club is, less than a 1km from you.

That's exactly where I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Strange the way the Tipp/Laois showers have developed in line with what started in Tyrone if you animate the radar.This surely means anything can really happen as nobody was forecasting snow for the more central parts,unless the radar is wrong and bouncing off Slievenamon which has been 50% covered for a couple of weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

a1m1m1o1 wrote: »
    where where send them up my road PLEASE
    Carriglea, well the twelve that fell..snow flakes that is! no more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Bond-007 wrote: »

East Leinster and coastal just like Met Eireann predicted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Supercell wrote: »
    even better now..this is building nicely.

2200.gif
    But it's all drifting south in the NNE airflow and that stuff off Dublin is so light I wouldn't even call it a flurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

uk_radar_201001052200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

That precip in Tipperary was unexpected. some of it seems to be quite heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

Hi,

Just so I can prepare mentally for the morning, when I go out to clean my windscreen of debris on my car, should I bring an ice-pick or will percipation be soft like snow and my gloves do the trick? i'm near glasnevin and it will be hopefully 6am if I wake at all;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

napapa wrote: »
    Carriglea, well the twelve that fell..snow flakes that is! no more
    That must have been when I blinked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭bassy

Where in Laois are you ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Snap shot from one of my cameras here in Arklow..those things hanging down are the Christmas lights :D

[IMG][/img]snapshoot1.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

A little rogue cloud is spitting farty little bits of something down around Lusk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

bassy wrote: »
    Where in Laois are you ?.
    Rathdowney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭ergo

mad DIY wrote: »
    Snow in Rathfarnham, snow in Rathmines, stars in Terenure:rolleyes:

tbh I'd barely call the sprinkling we got here in Rathmines a "snowfall" - few mm of hail - asphalt still clearly visible on road

my nose against the window like a schoolkid- wishing I was back in school again and not having to be in work tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

The skies were clear here in Celbridge 10 mins ago, heavy, threatening clouds now approaching from the North-East.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thunder and lightening

Very very frightening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Do you think if we all went over to England for a day, the snow would shift over to here and we could come back the next day to a White Ireland? :rolleyes:
    We're not that far away, why do they get it all? :(

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Darragh29 wrote: »
    That's exactly where I am!

What was falling was coming from the Killinarden direction, i'm just facing TMG motors up the hill a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

There's a few heavy clouds skimming over Lucan at the moment.
    No sign of any further showers yet to follow on from the light dusting we experienced some time around 6 or 7 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Very very frightening :)

ME GALILEO GALILEO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

vektarman wrote: »
    The skies were clear here in Celbridge 10 mins ago, heavy, threatening clouds now approaching from the North-East.

That just passed Leixlip without incident :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Min wrote: »
    East Leinster and coastal just like Met Eireann predicted :p

They forgot to mention the north midlands 2-3 cm already. How come i am not surprised. ME got it bang on last night but the are way of the mark already with this one up here and its early yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

But it's all drifting south in the NNE airflow and that stuff off Dublin is so light I wouldn't even call it a flurry!

I live in Wicklow..long may it drive a little south of Dublin ..sorry!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement