Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

there are accumulations of snow from roughly blackrock southwards

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

linguist wrote: »
    Looking good for a northeasterly. 030 degrees. Straight northeasterly would by 045. But it's close enough. I'm not giving up hope yet - not by a longshot.

Think I'll give it till 2am or the end of a glass of wine, which ever comes first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I think it's fair to call it at this stage that Dublin has missed out on snow this time except for the lightest dusting here and there... It doesn't seem to be happening north of Bray...

Not fair to call at all...there's still plenty of potential. Actually a new line of showers has just appeared on radar. Add to that it hasn't even started properly yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

I was thinking this myself , went onto the MET.ie site to check the time it was released but it has no time on it .

I dont think it has passed yet because I have nothing from it , and basically all of Dublin would of got cover from it too.

101092.gif

I thought it was for 3am as it says 03 UTC on the top

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Whoever gets 1500 gets snowed in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Redzer7 wrote: »
    ???

Nowhere near me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

jenzz wrote: »

It is. That's the forecast for 0300.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Felixdhc wrote: »
    What about the M2 buoy, thats showing a wind direction of 30, which from memory is what Su mentioned as being what we need? What does 30 indicate???

30 = NNE

it was 40 earlier on which is NE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Still bucketing down good 3cm on the ground now doesn't sound much but best part of this came down in the space of half hour and it's getting heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

jenzz wrote: »

Isnt that just a chart from the HIRLAM model, so that could have been run several hours ago and may not be picking up on the shower activity correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

patneve wrote: »
    oh it is, 2 cm here in dalkey...

I saw this at around 6PM this evening when I was up at the Hell Fire Club, the clouds were coming across the Irish Sea from the Scotland direction and immediately heading south along the coast towards Wexford once they approached Dublin Bay... The wind direction is obviously not suitable for snow to arrive in Dublin, except maybe for some places along the coast...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Alicat wrote: »
    Nowhere near me :(
    No one seems to live around my area :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

baraca wrote: »
    Still bucketing down good 3cm on the ground now doesn't sound much but best part of this came down in the space of half hour and it's getting heavier

I would be surprised if you have less than 10cm by tomorrow afternoon if it goes according to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Still nothing happening in d 6 yet 2cm in Dalkey. It must be on its way..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

patneve wrote: »
    oh it is, 2 cm here in dalkey...

dublin 15 got another shower tonight as well. fresh snow on cars and paths. It was snowing when I was heading home on the train at ashtown and broombrigge at around 10

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Its going the other direction , you have missed the boat on this one ,

by the way , less of your demands ! :p

Thanks for all the Replies. ( No matter how negative)
    Sorry if I was a bit demanding! :P

Renewed hail here in Donabate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Raining here now -sob-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Would love to see southern england now

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Redzer7 wrote: »
    No one seems to live around my area :(.

I do, I'm just not there right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Not a snot of snow in Clondalkin...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

linguist wrote: »
    It is. That's the forecast for 0300.

Well then , I will be staying put if that is the case ,

With the M2 buoy's DP back in the negative (-0.4) and Wind speed of 25-35 Kts

Although I would like to see the wind direction at 40 (NE) or 90 (E) not the 30 (NNE) its at now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I saw this at around 6PM this evening when I was up at the Hell Fire Club, the clouds were coming across the Irish Sea from the Scotland direction and immediately heading south along the coast towards Wexford once they approached Dublin Bay... The wind direction is obviously not suitable for snow to arrive in Dublin, except maybe for some places along the coast...
    dolliemix wrote: »
    Still nothing happening in d 6 yet 2cm in Dalkey. It must be on its way..

well maybe not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Looks like Scotland is finally getting some independence from England.. BBC just reported that "Parts of Scotland have been Completely Cut Off"... float over here Scotland and bring us some of your weather. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

I would be surprised if you have less than 10cm by tomorrow afternoon if it goes according to plan.

Well i was just hoping for a covering and enough for the kids to build a baby snowman.. Easily 3cm out there now & appears to be drifting down the back of garden as I cant make out the raised bed anymore. At this rate ill be building the snowman & the Misses & all the baabbies & the granny & grandad snowmen..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I think it's fair to call it at this stage that Dublin has missed out on snow this time except for the lightest dusting here and there... It doesn't seem to be happening north of Bray...

ready+for+Blog+-+butlog.JPG

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the Replies. ( No matter how negative)
    Sorry if I was a bit demanding! :P

On my very very limited knowledge , you may have something around 3am onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

The big, fluffy flakes of the showers earlier on have been replaced by snow pellets (graupel?).....

Is this due to a slight rise in temps perhaps? :confused:

Ok, we have a light snow/hail mix in Donabate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

1500 & 100th page... Does it mean I get the promised whiteout in Maynooth? :P

EDIT: damn it, late ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement