Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

trogdor wrote: »
    sneaky sneaky slipped back up to 2.5C/0.1C:p anyway meanwhile as i worry about the temp..snow is really coming down out there!

You must have a couple of cm's out there now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

forkassed wrote: »
    dp should come down as wind picks up-please say yes

It should fall a small bit through the night anyway..dp is +0.3C here now though:mad:
    About 2-3 i'd say although they're being threatened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

sneaky sneaky slipped back up to 2.5C/0.1C:p anyway meanwhile as i worry about the temp..snow is really coming down out there!

it seems to be on the super rise .3 :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

0145 RADAR suggest parts of Eastern Carlow could be in for a suprise snowfall very soon:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I still feel that a lot will happen within the next 4-5 hours.
    There's a band of clouds gaining on convection on the picture below (I've marked it with barely visible red lines) which is heading towards Dublin and the South with the current winds:

e30.jpg

We should see a lot more localized snow on the ground by morning in between Dundalk and Wexford methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

doing its best to snow here in clare hall dublin but tink we just being teased,blowing past us here

About 3 - but its really dry stuff so when wind blows the snow blows down the garden

Very heavy snow/graupel here, heaviest stuff yet

EDIT: Moderate sleet now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

Snow shower here in Shankill, dont like the rise in DP Trogdor, any idea whats causing it, The latest report from M2 is sub zero! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Squalls and intermittent Graupel out here in Clare Hall near Darndale.
    I'd say Artane is getting the first one around now.

Lots of cloud coming in behind it from Howth.

I saw a shower hit kilbarrack right beside me. It was a bit eery - it was possible to see streams of cloud descend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Birdnuts wrote: »
    0145 RADAR suggest parts of Eastern Carlow could be in for a suprise snowfall very soon:confused:

Typical. Last week I'm in Carlow, Dublin gets a good snowfall. Now I'm in Dublin and... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

cloudcover is very light in swords now. not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Heavy sleet shower in Dun Laoghaire now. Temp gone up to 3.2c

Very heavy snow/graupel here, heaviest stuff yet

EDIT: Moderate sleet now :mad:

Thats the kinda stuff i was trying to explain to you earlier - its not flakes just peeing down dust, big dusts - thundering down now again

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Not good signs with reports of increasing temps, dew points and sleet falling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Broken cloud here in Castleknock...on a break from bed...still nothing:rolleyes:

Snow shower here in Shankill, dont like the rise in DP Trogdor, any idea whats causing it, The latest report from M2 is sub zero! :confused:

The humidity is high becuase we're in showers and the dp is a measure of temperature and humidity. Wsith the temp rise as the wind swung North-East and came off the sea it pulled the dp above 0..

Stopped now, friend in blackrock says it's raining too...
    EDIT: make that rain with a few flakes blowing in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Looked towards coast in north east Wexford ,moonlight has been weakened by thicker cloud .Light falls of sleet/rain on thin snow cover.Precursor to heavier snowfall? .Quite possible.Still ,quite likely most schools will reopen,post holiday. Great!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The wind has really picked up in Newbridge now , also it has swung to NNE with gusts of 27Km/h and an average of 8Km/h

Temp -1.4

DP -2.9

Come on send some precip down my direction , Im a ready and waiting !:D

• Advertisement

The horrible sound of trickling water can be heard when the window is opened...2.4C/0.3C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Still at -1 here so might turn to snow.. supercell where are youuuuuuuu

2.4C/0.5C..i dislike the sea:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Snowing here for the last few hours on and off.
    its so dry and icy here that it is just blowing around on the ground in the wind....awesome!!
    temp 0.7
    dp -0.9

i think my saving grace is that im higher away from the sea but not holding my breath for this to be here when i open my eyes in morning

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I wish the feckin met reports would update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

Still falling as snow here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

-3.4 in Kilkenny at 21.30, -2.0 now. Weather is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Temp (1c) and DP (1.9c) rising :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 The cracken

snowing constant for an hour and a half in ferns about 2cm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement