Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Right thats enough of the M2 buoy controlling my bedtime, hope its a whiteout in the morning across the country...

Lol, if only mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Right thats enough of the M2 buoy controlling my bedtime, hope its a whiteout in the morning across the country...

updated now:

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well thats me done, M2 buoy has the wind direction gone back to 20 (NNE) :(from 40 (NE)

DP is still Sub zero -0.2

Nite All

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

The 'big blob' (as I like to call it) is now over the isle of man and seems to be intensifying while traveling over the Irish sea...heavy snow will start at about 5am I'm 80% sure

http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

I'm sure it's been said before somewhere here before, but I say it again, where are the Greens, where are the Greens?:confused:

Probably holidaying in Lanzarote.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Will the rising due temps and air temps effect us down here in wexford or are we set for a snowy night? Fairly white out there at the moment! Can't see it melting anytime soon anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

JS happening in Kiltipper at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

patneve wrote: »
    The 'big blob' (as I like to call it) is now over the isle of man and seems to be intensifying while traveling over the Irish sea...heavy snow will start at about 5am I'm 80% sure

http://www.sat24.com/gb

This looks promising all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Darragh29 wrote: »
    This looks promising all right!

Better looking view here http://www.sat24.com/nl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

still snowing in bray temp 3 dp .2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Still snowing here aswell............nite all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

jenzz wrote: »
    still snowing in bray temp 3 dp .2

sounds like hail thats been falling here in shankill for the past 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hasn't rained here in hours.
    What's the story, lads?
    Stop being so greedy.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm in Rathmines... dry as a bone, not a hail stone, not a drop of rain and certainly no snow :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We were always told as children when we started the "I want!"

"I want doesn't get.."

owenc wrote: »
    well i think these north west winds should go away now as it is just rising temps in the north and bringing in cloud with no precipatation so basically tems are stuck around 1c and only barely getting below 0c for about 2hours every night... its pointless we'd be better off in an easterly.. anyway the showers arnt as heavy as predicted i barely have 2cm only hilly areas of ni have loads and that has only come because theyve had snow for weeks now........ i want a frosty cold -10c night again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

well sky's clearing here in swords north county dublin still no snow so there ye go. looks like wicklow/bray are hogging it all.

NoSnow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow, just looked outside, snowtopia is the best word :)
    About 5cms far of new snow and coming down nicely.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Wow, just looked outside, snowtopia is the best word :)
    About 5cms far of new snow and coming down nicely.

Supercell: blow some up north man.

Nice idea!! But were that so; then Donegal up here would be snow free.. More sheep than anywhere; and I have a donkey and a wee goat in the next field. The donkey's..... vocal range etc are amazing.
    maybe it dosent snow as much here bcos there are too many sheep and cows blowing their gas and nauctious fuems into the atmosphere.

Saying that we want a thaw is not moaning; this IS a weather forum, not a snow forum.

Oh; did I misread you? Sorry! yes it should be a bit of fun.

We watch and wait for the weather to milden.....for the ice-locked streams to flow full and free... for the daffodil shoots to push through...

;63811630]Those of you naysayers dont actually have to stay on the weather board, there are other sites to amuse you, if this one is so bad... yet funnily those of you who moan the most are still loitering here.

nasty vibes here now, where once people remembered it was just a bt of fun.
    Shame. Damn Shame.
    :([/quote]

• Advertisement

well the patatoes are bangeod now as the ice crystals have embedded themselves a fare bit into the muck and shrivelled the patatoe but like everything from the weather, people sure do love to see snow. it can't always be sunny warm and rainy. let it snow. the patatoe will rise again and people can enjoy their little trip to work when nature has finished it's fruit falling from the sky.

let it snow... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18vsYFF0rTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Francis Wilson on Sky News has called the circulation thats giving england all the snow, a polar low.

????????????????????? i did not think so

redsunset wrote: »
    Francis Wilson on Sky News has called the circulation thats giving england all the snow, a polar low.

????????????????????? i did not think so

low presure coming from the polar regiens i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

zenno wrote: »
    low presure coming from the polar regiens i guess.

He's wrong in his choice of wording there.def not the infamous polar low.

Ah who cares ,there buried under it and we're not

Oh, poor guy

They took them all in off the fields to near the farm here at the first sign of snow.
    Some survive in drifts; they huddle together and make an air pocket.

But this has just gone on too long now.
    jenzz wrote: »
    Ah God poor Mikey Joe O Shea on the news there - 200-300 missing sheeps. Thats sad him digging up the frozen sheep.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

No snow here in east meath. seems i was right, oh bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

About 3 inches of snow here last night and still snowing, on top of the 2 inches that was still frozen............

Relocate if it means that much to you..;)
    Just a little bit further!!!

I'm seriously snow deprived, there hasnt been more than a dusting that melted by 10 a.m. in approx. 15 years where I am!!!

My childhood is marked by a lack of snowmen and sledding down hills!!! We get the coldest temperatures, frequently down to -7 this year, and no snow!!!

There, rant over!!!

Yep; was stranded then for two weeks lower down..

But not as cold as this.
    Min wrote: »
    No snow last February?

We got 6 inches back then.

• Advertisement

the woman is from dublin as you can see in her expression.

snowman.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement