Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

irish1967 wrote: »
    Sky going a great shade of pinky grey.. can see those showers approaching,, should be here in 5-10 mins:)

going to watch the sky like a hawk to see if they come my way, or if they just skirt around the coast like most did yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Here we go again !! Yet another shower just starting. Candy.. I would say Killybegs was like here... not much last night but now having our second good shower since 9 am. :D Side roads pure white and compacted ice.Many unpassable. Main roads passable with extreme care.

can just see the tip of a pinky grey cloud way in the distance... fingers crossed its the messanger boy of the snow that you have now Irish

eskimocat wrote: »
    can just see the tip of a pinky grey cloud way in the distance... fingers crossed its the messanger boy of the snow that you have now Irish

I think for you to be hit you need to be watching the radar for a shower passing over Derry..anything passing over Letterkenny on radar I am getting

snowing like mad here again.
    Have taken some photo's from my drive into Arklow town-will post these shortly.

• Advertisement

Heavy snow again.. wind howling now as it passes through... woohoo a mini blizzard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

For whats its worth, not much IMO!!

UKMO meso has that front moving through the bulk of the country tomorrow afternoon, sleet/rain on western coasts, snow inland.
    Only time will tell, although since ive been getting snow showers on and off this morning I am hopeful . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

not a bot of smow here on the north dublin coast, though the bits we got previously haven't realy thawed in many housing estates tbh.

looking out to sea now though and there are lots and lots of clouds moving in. wind is still quite blustery, it picked up last night about midnight, before that it was pretty calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Just looked out the window............nothing but blue skies!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Just started snowing in Dublin 6. Light snow but seems to be getting heavier.

Sticking to the ice on the ground but not on the rooftops

Its just stopped since I started writing this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mchammer22

Very light showers again of graupel and its sticking! :DI can see dark clouds coming in from Irish sea also..What are the chances now of snow for south Dublin does anyone know?

irish1967 wrote: »
    I think for you to be hit you need to be watching the radar for a shower passing over Derry..anything passing over Letterkenny on radar I am getting

yeah, had a look and nothing much happening up that direction that i can see, might just see the edge of yours in distance like yesterday. so frustrating to see it passing :(

Pangea wrote: »
    Only time will tell, although since ive been getting snow showers on and off this morning I am hopeful . ;)

Whats it like now up your way? OH has to drive there to work.. snowing heavy here at the moment. Mad big flakes !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's lightly snowing here in Dublin 14. Not much but it's sticking :D I hope it gets heavier today/tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just called in , snow day, not a hope in hell of me getting my car out today.
    In other news, another snow shower beginning, finally its a winter wonderland after weeks of frankly a crap cold spell.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

snowing now in Donabate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

snowing now in Donabate

Any chance that might be heading down the road to Swords? So sick of the ice out there, a decent snowfall would make up for it. At least the kids would be happy.

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/7b538.jpg

Thats the snow at my tyre before I left-fresh overnight snow.
    more in a moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Finally seeing snow in the daylight, snowing in ballsbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Showers developing now to the north east, looks like they are on their way to meath/dublin, but they'll prob die out before they get here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Neven a mm of snow did I get last night. Ah well, will have to wait till next winter so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gpod123

Had a light enough shower here in Donegal 30 mins ago. More more more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ooh, it's gotten very heavy now :D Yuss!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very light snow here atm. On and off here for the last hour. Every bit of it sticking as surfaces are so cold. 0.4c DP -4.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Just started to snow here again.
    just showers at the moment but its closing in around quite quick,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mchammer22

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Very light snow here atm. On and off here for the last hour. Every bit of it sticking as surfaces are so cold. 0.4c DP -4.0c

Yes, am in Rathfarnham DOCARCH, think it will eventually get heavier??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I've started up the Aviation thread again here

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Anyone in the know care to comment on the developing clouds etc just of the north coast of Dublin now?

image.ashx?country=gb&type=last&time=201001061045&sat=

Lady_North wrote: »
    Any chance that might be heading down the road to Swords? So sick of the ice out there, a decent snowfall would make up for it. At least the kids would be happy.

hard to tell, the wind looks to be blowing in your direction, but then Swords is now about the same size as Texas so who knows what bits will get snow :)

the snow is continuing here but in an on/off type of way.

for the pro's here: when theres snow and hail at the same time is there a name for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Big Hailstones falling in Swords....not a bad start

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement