Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

About 1mm of slush left here:p, really coming down again but not sticking anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

ntlbell wrote: »
    what show was that?

Talk Radio

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

trogdor wrote: »
    About 1mm of slush left here:p, really coming down again but not sticking anymore
    Bray temp is up to 3.4c:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Its starting to snow here in Celbridge . Very light but it getting very Cloudy .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I dunno about that, the only time I've seen it show precip over Waterford was for very light snow Monday night but in the end it died out before getting that far south.

Fingers crossed we get something from this in the afternoon...

They had precip over us Tueday night and all day Wednesday on Monday nights charts :mad: Don't mind me i'm just another depressed snow lover. Don't expect anything this afternoon either, would have to travel over a lot of land in the northeasterlies to reach us :( Unless these ones turn out to have more intesity for penetration inland :eek: please please please :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

blue blue sky overhead... nothing else... just blue sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

I dont think im going to get any snow in rosenallis :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Noffles wrote: »
    Talk Radio

Newstalk? I think he means what show on Newstalk e.g. Sean Moncrief, Tom Dunne etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

paulhac wrote: »
    Temps and dew points looking good so far:D

What's it looking like in Glasnevin atm? Due over there for a meeting at 12.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

BBC News just said Gilford got 14 inches of snow last night, they are showing shots from a helicoper...

• Advertisement

Conditions are very good but something will go astray.

Are temperatures alright do ya all reckon?
    They're like a nuns knickers here.
    Dp went briefly above zero but still snowing-I put that down to thickness layers ??

I can see that band off shore now-it's black :D where as the clouds here are white.
    Is that going to come ahore? I guess it will slide south just off the shore and not come in to make love to us ...
    Snow flurries now just as the last lot has eased.
    Haven't seen this much snow in the yard here since feb '91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

It's starting in Dun Laoghaire after threatening looking clouds have come in from teh sea. Light blowy stuff at the moment.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

2.1c here with DP -1.7c. Wind has moved to NE here now. Very dark to my east.

They're like a nuns knickers here.
    Dp went briefly above zero but still snowing-I put that down to thickness layers ??

I can see that band off shore now-it's black :D where as the clouds here are white.
    Is that going to come ahore? I guess it will slide south just off the shore and not come in to make love to us ...
    Snow flurries now just as the last lot has eased.
    Haven't seen this much snow in the yard here since feb '91

Pics or it didn't happen;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Outside my front yard right now

101117.jpg

View out back from kitchen

101118.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

DOCARCH wrote: »
    What's it looking like in Glasnevin atm? Due over there for a meeting at 12.45.
    Dry atm Doc hail , sleet earlier. This new stuff cant be too far away now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Ah guys it's lovely here, all white and clean looking:)
    It's getting very dark now, something is going to fall again. Hope it's not going to be rain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭scotchy

First tiny flakes in Blackrock.:)

Is the cloud breaking up over the Irish sea?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

Clouding over here in Dungannon now after a lovely sunny morning....looks like that stuff over Belfast now migh just reach us....here's hoping :D

Ugh - spoke too soon lol - sun just came out again :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Looks like it's going to keep going until late afternoon for everyone from Dublin to south wicklow. Showers will also return towards the weekend for the East coast.

Meanwhile, rain, sleet and snow will push down the west coast tomorrow. It has huge potential to give 3-5cm in the North West in particular and 1-3 along the far west and SW coasts. Hopefully, it pushes further inland in the next run of charts but that brings with it the threat of higher maritime temps, thus reducing the threat of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Shower Anvil just right to my east now.

Moment of truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

They had precip over us Tueday night and all day Wednesday on Monday nights charts :mad: Don't mind me i'm just another depressed snow lover. Don't expect anything this afternoon either, would have to travel over a lot of land in the northeasterlies to reach us :( Unless these ones turn out to have more intesity for penetration inland :eek: please please please :pac:

HIRLAM? Really? Sure it wasn't GFS?

That band of snow is looking nice getting closer and closer to the coast now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Wexford/Wicklow realy going to be getting it within the next hour....

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Keep an eye on Sunday - UKMO has a weather watch out for it:

Heavy Snow Sun 10 Jan There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting many parts of Northern Ireland, Wales and much of England.
    There is potential for further outbreaks of snow, which could locally become heavy and prolonged at times. This will lead to further icy stretches on roads and pavements.
    Issued at: 1126 Wed 6 Jan

Also, the BBC precipitation charts look good for most of Ireland on Sunday:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Speak Now

HIRLAM? Really? Sure it wasn't GFS?

That band of snow is looking nice getting closer and closer to the coast now...

Think so, isn't that the ones that Snowaddict uses?

Whiteout here:) nothing to show from it except wet rooves and roads unfortunately though..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

yea the Dublin potential streamer looks tiny in comparison!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Snowing in Blackrock now, some hail also. Nearly died out as I'm typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its the heaviest snow I have ever seen right now, and that even beats last February, just when I think it cannot get heavier it does. Unreal stuff.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Just had a massive shower of snow here in Deansgrange/Baker's Corner, Co. Dublin. Sky completely white and little flurries still coming down.
    :cool:
    Time to put the kettle on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement