Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Heavy fluffy stuff in Dublin CC, not really sticking here the way the hail did. But I would say the suburbs are savage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

One serious disadvantage to all this snow is that some very thirsty cattle have to have hundreds of buckets of water hauled to them every day for the last 3 weeks, i'm sick of it!!!

Cold hands too I bet, the cattle here kept the water coming, lower down than the house and a good few would be drinking, there is even ice in outdoor buildings where there is water.

I thank the cattle as the water to house got frozen on Saturday but it was a short pipe to defrost, also turned a heater on under the access to the attic in case it was up there, then when I had given up hope and felt I had wasted hours for no result, it came.

We still have some water problems elsewhere but it is manageable at present, I know what you are going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Let it stay in Dublin and the East, the West doesn't want anymore of this **** weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

Very heavy snowfall right now in Dublin 4 says hubby. None so far here in Ashbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Moderate enough snow in north of Finglas for past 15 minutes. Looks like hail or sleet failing now. A bit breezy now too. Far from a fecking blizzard. Some people are sensationalists.

Blizzard here in Dublin 15...a couple of centimetres already..come and see.:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Let it stay in Dublin and the East, the West doesn't want anymore of this **** weather :)

Blasphemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow, getting very dark and +SN just started again

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Some snow would act as insulation for the ground and for pipes if we are to get to -10C tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ffarrell wrote: »
    Blizzard here in Dublin 15...a couple of centimetres already..come and see.:D:D:D:D

Slowed down a bit in Blanchardstown but still snowing steadily. Flakes seem smaller though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Wickow town was a complete white out last night woke this am and not much snow just a lot of slush.. I suspect the wind blowing off the irish sea did it :rolleyes: but just had 30 mins heavy snow shower and white here again :D was talking with my dad a while ago he said something about sky news saying there is a possibility the east/south coast of Ireland could have a lot of snow on sunday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    Bucketing down again SC - plenty more on its way to you.

Trog did it rain much last night ? There was a lot less this am ( roads still solid though) but that last few showers topped me up again.. Anyone know what roads around Bray are like ? ( in the town)

I dunno Jennz, roadsa were clear again in the estate this morning here but have been topped up a bit now, main street usually stays clear even in snow but apart from that i don't actually know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭houseoffun14

snow falling in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The streamer which got to my west for some reason is heading west,

while the big stremear is heading SW.

Madness this.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

starting to cloud over here in Waterford too on one side, the other has beautiful blue sunny sky though...:mad: I've seen 3 flakes in total, and they were mixed with rain so I was only kidding myself it was snow. Im very jealous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Anyone know where you can find out what schools are open tomo.. Our schools are on a road ( just for school traffic) so would say as lethal as outside my house as no traffic on it. Its not the snow keeping them closed its the ice & the potential for accidents on the way to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

PauloMN wrote: »
    :mad: Argh!!!! Like a summer's day here in Trim, except for the freezing cold of course!
    Same in Navan...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Eased off now in the City !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

looks like it stopping in Dublin CC, now i can go out and get lunch yay

Rain today app on phone gives 85% chance of precipitation for today for Kilkenny.
    Hope it gives hope to those nearby who are living in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm sure Weathercheck will get some snow. The Met Eireann 3hr forecast currently has the higest intensity snowfall over where he lives! (for 1400hrs, 6th Jan)

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/3hr-rain.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I do not think the volume of snow was THAT big in D15 in this shower. If you look at rooves, I think you get a better idea of how much has fallen, and on rooves that previously had nothing, now there's a light covering, but not a total one.

So I don't think we can talk about cms of snow from that :) (Unless someone is actually measuring this properly!) I think it looks like more than it actually is when it's bouncing around in the air...

(As I type it's starting to peter out)

edit - (oh wait, it's got heavier again)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

jenzz wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can find out what schools are open tomo.. Our schools are on a road ( just for school traffic) so would say as lethal as outside my house as no traffic on it. Its not the snow keeping them closed its the ice & the potential for accidents on the way to them

It was on the news last night that its up to the school to decide - give them a ring, there are usually admin staff in a day or so before the kids, also local radio might have an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

PauloMN wrote: »
    :mad: Argh!!!! Like a summer's day here in Trim, except for the freezing cold of course!

have the can's in the fridge and the barby on,come on over for some :)
    look NE cloud's building,c'mon pleaze just a few cm,hope fadeing but im not giveing up just yet :rolleyes:

gonzo you must be seeing something near you by now??????

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

06012010709.jpg

Bucketing here in blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Lashing rain here in Ballymun, all the snow has melted :(
    I might be lieing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

564 (198 members & 366 guests)

Impressive.

Please god let me get buried in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

VERY dark and very snowy here, visiblity right down. Don't think it's stick unfortunately but my god is it coming down! 1.9C/0.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'm sure Weathercheck will get some snow. The Met Eireann 3hr forecast currently has the higest intensity snowfall over where he lives! (for 1400hrs, 6th Jan)

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/3hr-rain.gif

Funny isn't it! And i got nothing but some light sleet/snow for 20 mins that just melted the bitta snow on the ground :D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 W23

Check this out: http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

More dark clouds heading this way (UCD)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

snowing heavy in wexford town:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement