Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Threat of localised snowfall today in west, SW and NW.

The threat of snow for tomorrow has moved from w ulster and connaught, to Munster and Connaught.

National Forecast
    hr.gif

06 January 2010 12:27

Today Hail and snow showers in the east and southeast - some heavy, and giving further falls of snow in places there. Scattered wintry showers near the northwest and west coasts, with the risk of localised snowfall there also. Dry otherwise, with widespread sunshine, but with frost lingering in places. Highest temperatures between 0 and + 5 C.
    Tonight

Widespread severe frost this evening and tonight, icy conditions in many areas. A few freezing fog patches also. Snow showers in the east and southeast dying out this evening and early tonight. Scattered wintry showers continuing near the northwest and west coasts, and extending to the southwest coast overnight also - even where these are of rain or sleet, they could increase the risk of ice. Temperatures below 0 C virtually everywhere, and reaching - 6 to - 8 C in places. hr.gif

Tomorrow

Another very cold day tomorrow, with many areas dry but with the risk of some rain, sleet or snow for a while over Connacht and Munster. Highest temperatures - 2 to + 3 C.

Outlook

The weather is going to continue extremely cold across the country through Thursday night, Friday, the weekend and the early days of next week. There will be severe frosts and patches of freezing fog at night with temperatures well below 0 in many areas. Daytime temperatures will be in low single figures at best with frost slow to clear and sometimes persisting. THURSDAY NIGHT will be largely dry and calm. FRIDAY will be dry with good sunshine, though fog may persist in some sheltered areas. SATURDAY and SUNDAY will both be bright and mostly dry with moderate northeast winds, which will push some wintry showers of hail, sleet or snow on to Ulster and Leinster coasts. Winds will become mostly easterly through Sunday night and Monday with wintry showers becoming more prevalent on east and south coasts, while the rest of the country will be mostly dry.

Very very heavy here and piling up!
    Offices are closing in Arklow.

Heres two pics in the yard taken about a half hour ago!

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/9568c.jpg

And

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/34155.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭alentejo

easing off in terenure, nice cover though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

Stopped snowing now in Dublin 8:(
    Sticking to gardens and foothpaths:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Gingeo the stray cat.

Hes hungry and I'm spotted.
    101135.jpg

Cat like he crosses the icy road.
    101136.jpg

Hes got ham & tomatos slices on his mind.
    101137.jpg

Cagey fu*ker.
    101138.jpg

OM NOM NOM!
    101139.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Picking up again in Blanch, nice big flakes! Previous footprints are being covered up and the road is white where it's not being driven on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looking at latest Sat pic, first streamer should head into Louth, Northern Dublin,

second heavy streamer will slip into south Dublin and into Wicklow/Wexford and probably inland giving a good dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ummm:

scanner1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Gingeo the stray cat.

Hes hungry and I'm spotted.

from those pics you would swear it was snowing and settling on the ground:confused:. Couldn't be though...this is Ireland.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Blizzard like in Cabinteely D18 - but not sticking.... :(

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Gingeo the stray cat.
    You around Swords yea?

That is too funny, around 5 miles away from here as the crow flies :D:D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

3 or 4 inches here in Gorey so far and judging by the latest radar it's not going to stop any time soon.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Looks like that's headed right for the CC, or south CC.

Nice and dense now in Blanch. Disregard what I said about previously clear rooves not being totally covered :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snow fog again, very dark, unreal stuff.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Thanks WC - you predicted snow for me & damn did I get it lol
    Whats the rest of the day to bring?? We to freeze over this tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Sky brightened up in Finglas but now has darkened again. Snow never let up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Min wrote: »
    There is potential for this to reach Kilkenny, wait and see or wait and disappointed, I expect it but we have snow here already which is not melting.....

We don't:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My wife called from Blanch. Blizzard-like there. I consider it down the road from here, and it's so sunny here I'd be tempted to sit out in the garden! Only in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Snow was starting to settle on cars here in Blackrock but not for long. Then hail shower. Now nothing. But there is a very light white covering on cars and ground.

• Advertisement

I have placed a dot indicating my supreme position :eek:

57601466l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Absolutely think in Castleknock, Dublin at the moment....Blizard conditionbiggrin.gifs fot the past hour:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D....We will soon have a coverage overall of about 6-8 centimetres together with thick ice. How does one load oictures to this website????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

After a breather in Dublin 8, we are back to business with the snow !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

Snow starting up again on the South Cicular Road Dublin 8:D
    I'm out to get some photos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Very light snow now. Can hear fog horn in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Plastering down now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 W23

UCD - heavy hail shower just laid down a nice foundation for the snow that is now falling and sticking for the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not a single flake here overnight and sun dazzling here, non-event going on here so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

about 3-6" in chapelizod...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

good bit of snow in ballymount for the last while, just starting to slow down at the moment, roads are all white including the main roads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement