Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

stopped in d20

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Snow has started in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

TV weather on in a few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

If its actually going to be -10 tonight, the roads will be unbelievably icy. They will warn as usual not to mmake unnecessery journeys, and with weather like this school runs count as unnecessery. Don't go if you think its not safe, it doesn't matter if the school is open and your little darling has his leaving cert. ion 10 years time. let them enjoy the snow for once!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Can anyone tell us whats lucan like, have to get bus home this evening.

Has much more fallen on the snow that was already there??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

yup got nice white stuff here too at last. check out http://www.radarvirtuel.com/#
    they seem to be stacking planes over Kells at the moment. Airport maybe snowbound ?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Interesting reading the newspaper scans in the Jan 82 thread to see that the met had forecast 'a few wintry showers' the night before - woke up the first morning and could barely open our front door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

any chance of that snow in leixlip making its way to Mullingar-Lovely day out
    Sun is shinning

St Andrews NS is closed till Monday if thats any help

Thats a great help actually, her school is across the road :) thanks a million.
    Ps, where did you hear it from? did they have it on their web site?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

Getting heavier with bigger flakes here in Ashbourne, all sticking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

:D

You have dogs too!!!

I have a lot of water stored; it had only been running for a few days so I fllled all our large pans,

And yes, if need be will melt WHITE snow as i did last week.. or was it the week before..

We certainly have it in abundance and the dogs love to eat it.

snowsandy.jpg
    lol!
    snaps wrote: »
    Cant you defrost some snow for water.........But not the yellow snow!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

There is about 2/3 inches in Swords.

Nothing here, infact less almost all the other stuff on the ground is gone.

Thats poxy, how on earth did it skip you? Certainly not 2 or 3 inches here, I'd guess a couple of cm's max. Very light snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

ok pause for weather on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Dublin 12 live Snow Cam here now http://www.ustream.tv/channel/firhouse

Thanks

Im in weston, its blizzarding here the last 20 mins or so. My advice is leave work early if you can.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Make your own mind up. Never mind the teachers. One thing you can be guaranteed of is that the playgrounds will not be gritted tomorrow. Keep your little one at home.

Our school will be open tomorrow.... As the caretaker my job is to go in first thing and grit the steps...
    Been in this morning to check the heating and the water and try sliding around in the yard to see if there's any really slippery bits (there weren't)

(and our school doesn't have a website)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I can see heavy clouds pushing over the carlow-kilkenny border, the hills are getting darker, i'm getting excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Thanks

Getting lots of snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

havresnow12.jpg

Crazy huh. Twas a mental amount of snow from this. Can't even see the house and only barely the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Starting to hail here in D2 (Grafton Street area), big mofo's too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

So it seems dry today, tonight and tomorrow here in Leinster with a low of -4,same for Friday
    DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Agent J wrote: »
    Maynooth is pretty clear at the moment.No snow. Although there does look to be a large cloud bank heading our way....

Scratch that. Its opened up heavily here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

havresnow12.jpg

Crazy huh. Twas a mental amount of snow from this. Can't even see the house and only barely the trees.

Where abouts in Finglas are you? Have you seen what McKee avenue (Clearstream Court) around there is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Snowing lightly now in Blanch but place is covered...these pics don't do justice!

sn.jpg?t=1262784027

snow.jpg?t=1262784056v

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

starting snowing here at last!!!!!!!!!!! not that heavy tho hopefully will have a decent amount of snow fall today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Make your own mind up. Never mind the teachers. One thing you can be guaranteed of is that the playgrounds will not be gritted tomorrow. Keep your little one at home.

My sis is a principal - shes up in the school now has 1ft & 2 ft drifts in the playground. Difference is she has no ice so has a jcb in clearing now. She was saying prob is for likes of us who got the ice & she too said dont even attempt it if its putting kids in danger. May be a different story for her later though if this keeps up.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

dathi1 wrote: »
    Dublin 12 live Snow Cam here now http://www.ustream.tv/channel/firhouse

Class webcam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Change in snow type to big flakes now 1.2C/-0.1C just beginning to accumulate now, hope it lasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: 1.7 °C
    Dew Point: -5.0 °C

No snow last night and there doesn't look like there will be any soon. Although, I did just see a few birds flying west, one was a seagull, so that could possibly mean that the weather front is moving this direction. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Yep ....finglas and id say a good inch :)

Ill get a pic up in a min just dryin my dog ha

Finglas right now

[IMG][/img]snow.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement