Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Interesting reading the newspaper scans in the Jan 82 thread to see that the met had forecast 'a few wintry showers' the night before - woke up the first morning and could barely open our front door!

I think we'll need to wait for the approach of a system from the south west to undercut the cold before we are likely to see that repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

There is about 2/3 inches in Swords.

Yes there is, im only awake and just looked out the window. Class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

This fine snowy/grapauly stuff has gotten heavier here all of a sudden (d15)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Increasing in density in Greystones, snowing consistently for about 20 mins and starting to accumulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gonzo wrote: »
    starting snowing here at last!!!!!!!!!!! not that heavy tho hopefully will have a decent amount of snow fall today.

Excellent! Keep me updated! I want to come home to snow! Not sure whether I should leave work early in Blanch to head home to Dunshaughlin...anyone think it's bad enough to have to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

How was the TV forecast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Pretty straight forward forecast. Looks like rising temps are going to scupper snow potntial in west tomorrow according to that.

Snow showers are set to return to SE at weekend.

In other major breaking news (as county councils still await government funding for gritting efforts) the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government has today brought in a temporary closure of the hunting season for waterfowl due to the continuing freezing conditions across the State.

Thank God the ducks will live to see another day, the lives of hundreds of thousands of motorists meanwhile are put at risk because of underfunded, inadequate gritting operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Des wrote: »
    Finglas right now

[IMG][/img]snow.jpg

[IMG]file:///H:/DCIM/106_PANA/P1060114.JPG[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Blizzard conditions AGAIN in West Dublin....savage:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

kleefarr wrote: »
    Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: 1.7 °C
    Dew Point: -5.0 °C

No snow last night and there doesn't look like there will be any soon. Although, I did just see a few birds flying west, one was a seagull, so that could possibly mean that the weather front is moving this direction. :)

Heavy clouds coming in from the east now here, over brandon hill and that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

snaps wrote: »
    Class webcam!

You should all do it. ustream, stickam, justin tv for live views around the country. Would make great live weather coverage.

Dublin 12 live Snow Cam here now http://www.ustream.tv/channel/firhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Iancar29 wrote: »

You have to upload the pics Ian, you can't link from the memory card!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Wibbler wrote: »
    I think we'll need to wait for the approach of a system from the south west to undercut the cold before we are likely to see that repeated.

We can live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

have cancelled my meeting in dundalk just to be on the safe side, so Kilkenny better get some flipping snow!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Jake1 wrote: »
    Thats a great help actually, her school is across the road :) thanks a million.
    Ps, where did you hear it from? did they have it on their web site?

Someone from the school rang this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

bucketing down in leixlip yyyyyeeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Snowing In Navan !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

trogdor wrote: »
    Change in snow type to big flakes now 1.2C/-0.1C just beginning to accumulate now, hope it lasts!

Yea just noticed how big they now just down the road from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Cannot see any of the grass in garden at all now:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dbiggrin.gif

We have had about 7cm or three inches in the past couple of hours

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Pretty straight forward forecast. Looks like rising temps are going to scupper snow potntial in west tomorrow according to that.

Snow showers are set to return to SE at weekend.

In other major breaking news (as county councils still await government funding for gritting efforts) the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government has today brought in a temporary closure of the hunting season for waterfowl due to the continuing freezing conditions across the State.

Thank God the ducks will live to see another day, the lives of hundreds of thousands of motorists meanwhile are put at risk because of underfunded, inadequate gritting operations.

I hate that f**king green party!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ffarrell wrote: »
    Blizzard conditions AGAIN in West Dublin....savage:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Whereabouts are you? Still just light flutters in Blanch village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

really accumulating now - that stuff all night was nothing compared to this lol

trog & Calibos - what yous like now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bucketing down the last half hour or so in leixlip and sticking on the frozen stuff that was there.no sign of a letup.will try get some pics in a while.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

All quiet here now, sun beginning to appear too.. guess that's my lot for today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Heavy clouds coming in from the east now here, over brandon hill and that area.

Fingers crossed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

2qk4u wrote: »
    Snowing In Navan !!

how much snow??? is it heavy??? i have to drive from sandyford to there to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

You have to upload the pics Ian, you can't link from the memory card!

I SOO KNEW TAT..... ha... doin it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

2qk4u wrote: »
    Snowing In Navan !!

cant believe this,snow in navan and dunshaughlin and nothing here :mad:

yet!!!!!!!

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    have cancelled my meeting in dundalk just to be on the safe side, so Kilkenny better get some flipping snow!!!:D

Starting to look better for us now, heavy clouds coming in from the east:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like some heavy stuff is just gonna push to the south of here into the City, could have a good fall in the city.:eek::o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement